Hacking Are Taiwan-made Kingston Micro SD cards still terrible?

excellen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a 2GB Kingston micro SD a week ago and it ended up being a Taiwan-made card. I don't have a flashcart to test it with right now but are they as bad as I've heard compared to Japan-made Kingstons?

The only issues that would make me consider buying another JP made card are noticeably slower backup loading times and slowdown or crashing in games.

If they still have any of those problems, can anyone confirm some resellers that sell Japan-made Kingston micro SDs?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
For the majority of them, they could actually be bootleg, aka fakes in real packaging. If your in the USA, use an online retailer known to not sell fakes for microSDHCs. Sites like Newegg will normally not sell fakes. Or use resellerratings to locate a good online retailer with a good user rating.

excellen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got mine from amazon so I'm sure it's legitimate

Is it only a difference between fake and genuine cards then? Would a genuine JP Kingston microSD perform the same as a genuine Taiwanese Kingston microSD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've also heard chewing expired gum causes hearing loss when wearing headphones.