Are stutters during cinematics common on Wii backups?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by john.jingle, Apr 19, 2009.

1. john.jingle
    OP

Member john.jingle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've burned the game on 4x with IMGBurn. Should I burn it slower?

2. pitweasel

Newcomer pitweasel Advanced Member

United States
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher_v3

alternately, install USB Laoder and go from that - I haven't used it myself yet, but from reading around here, it seems like it takes care of a lot of the stutter.

3. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    That will always happen if you're using a disc backup loader because the DVD read speed is locked in at 3x while real games run at 6x speed.

The solution? Invest in an external HDD for the USB Loader since it runs at greater than 6x speed.

4. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    I recommend you to keep your backup games and use iso files in HDD because if it was erase or lost then you can rip your backup games over and over to use iso files worry free. [​IMG]

5. john.jingle
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I was thinking about getting a HDD but I can't find one that's cheap. I want one that is around 150GB but the smallest I can find are around 300GB nowadays and those go for $100+.

One more question: Do my backups that originally don't work with the Backup Launcher (PAL Madworld, Metroid Prime 1 Wii Controls) will work on the USB? The Backup Launcher can't read my Metroid disc but can read my Madworld one, however it just shows a pink screen when I force NTSC on it (it works without force NTSC but the screen is monochrome and flickers).

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well, Metroid Prime 1 won't work in the USB Loader but if you patch the ISO to run off of IOS249, then it will work in the Backup Launcher Gamma. I haven't played MadWorld and so I don't know what to tell you about that one.

And you should search online for good deals on harddrives. Just make sure that whatever you get is compatible: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...patibility_List

7. john.jingle
    OP

United States
    Well, with the Backup Launcher, it says DVD read error ###. I don't know what that means but I'll give the patching a try.

8. Valgreen

Member Valgreen GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    well for madworld, grab a NTSC version, im guessing you downloaded a PAL copy. i have madworld running fine on my 3.2u system with cioscorp 1.01 installed as to play via disc channel.

and for purchasing ext hard drives, i just checked best buy (USA) site and i can see numerous drives in the sub 100 dollar range..

Iomega - Prestige 500GB External USB 2.0 Hard Drive --> 80$$USD
    Seagate - FreeAgent Desk 500GB External USB 2.0 Hard Drive - Silver --> 85$$USD

and you can go even cheaper if you buy yourself an enclosure and sata drive separate..

im sure you can find drives even cheaper, just look around, check tigerdirect, ncix, fry's etc etc