Are original Switches worth selling?

nintendo_leaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I have an unpatched Switch sitting around which I barely use these days because I upgraded to the OLED. It's not banned but has a dead pixel and signs of wear on the plastic. The Joy-Cons drift like it's Mario Kart. The battery health is probably bad because it charges slowly and drains quickly.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but with the problems you are describing the price will drop some.
Would still be mighty fine for a user who plans to do all his gaming while docked, using a pro controller. I would say don't drop the price too much, OP. An unpatched Switch is highly sought after. You just need to find the right buyer.

Reactions: BigOnYa

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly with all those issues and depending on where you are, you could get anywhere from 150 - 250. Just because it's unpatched. These prices are also from before the rp2040 chips became more affordable. So probably between 100 and 200

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When there is talk of selling something do people mean Ebay or somewhere else? I hate Ebay, used to use it all the time but now no.

nintendo_leaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Where I actually live (not Peru) I'm not required to pay tax on the sale because I didn't buy it for the purpose of selling it and haven't done anything to increase its value. I don't know what eBay does because I don't use it.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where I actually live (not Peru) I'm not required to pay tax on the sale because I didn't buy it for the purpose of selling it and haven't done anything to increase its value. I don't know what eBay does because I don't use it.

Are you selling it online or in person? If it's in person that of course is the same here in America. Ebay used to be tax free but Government had to stick their noses in and put taxes on it because people were making a living off selling and not paying taxes. I can almost understand that if you're selling hundreds of items every day but someone that owns something and wants to sell it and barely does any selling should not be taxed for something they already bought.

nintendo_leaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Are you selling it online or in person? If it's in person that of course is the same here in America. Ebay used to be tax free but Government had to stick their noses in and put taxes on it because people were making a living off selling and not paying taxes. I can almost understand that if you're selling hundreds of items every day but someone that owns something and wants to sell it and barely does any selling should not be taxed for something they already bought.
Probably the Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree. I don't use eBay. Looks to me like the IRS in America doesn't define the word "business" properly.

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree. I don't use eBay. Looks to me like the IRS in America doesn't define the word "business" properly.

They're just greedy assholes that don't care about the people tax us to death yet send billions to other countries. America has changed a lot gotten worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol