Feedback Switch battery draining too fast? -10% over 7 min ; 15% over 12.5min (handheld)

Philliyxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing Octopath Traveler 2 --Airplane mode on, Bluetooth enabled, switch pro controller, joy cons not attached.

It's pretty bad doing almost anything, just went from 79-69% just sitting in hekate for about 15 min.

Idle in sleep no issues, stayed at 100% for almost a full day.

CFW 15.0.1|AMS 1.4.1|E
ReverseNX -- set to system
Sys-clk --profile handheld -- cpu 1020 , gpu 307 , mem 1600 , SOC 39C
Screen brightness right under half

Is there an HB app that shows battery drain similar to android? I know I have some other sys modules but none are active to my knowlege.

Any idea why the drain is so bad? I mean the battery is pretty old, but Hekate SS attached it LOOKS in good health to me.

Attachments

• PXL_20230305_152313002.jpg
    PXL_20230305_152313002.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 106

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Playing Octopath Traveler 2 --Airplane mode on, Bluetooth enabled, switch pro controller, joy cons not attached.

It's pretty bad doing almost anything, just went from 79-69% just sitting in hekate for about 15 min.

Idle in sleep no issues, stayed at 100% for almost a full day.

CFW 15.0.1|AMS 1.4.1|E
ReverseNX -- set to system
Sys-clk --profile handheld -- cpu 1020 , gpu 307 , mem 1600 , SOC 39C
Screen brightness right under half

Is there an HB app that shows battery drain similar to android? I know I have some other sys modules but none are active to my knowlege.

Any idea why the drain is so bad? I mean the battery is pretty old, but Hekate SS attached it LOOKS in good health to me.
Looking at "capacity full" your battery is very worn. This is normal with years of heavy use. Keeping the Switch on the dock when not in use will also wear out the battery more quickly as lithium batteries don't like being kept fully charged.

apu889

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Keeping the Switch on the dock when not in use will also wear out the battery more quickly as lithium batteries don't like being kept fully charged.
Sorry to jump in, but is this true?
i read on several sources that modern batteries (including nintendo switch) have smart auto-cut feature when it's full, so it won't hurt the battery. Some people in reddit also say that they leave their switch docked in months and the battery is fine.

I'm curious if you have different experience.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read on several sources that modern batteries (including nintendo switch) have smart auto-cut feature when it's full, so it won't hurt the battery. Some people in reddit also say that they leave their switch docked in months and the battery is fine.

Not suppose to leave it plug in all the time, the battery need to be charge and discharge.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

They cut off, yes, but they cut off at like 99%, this is not good for the battery long term, for storage it's best to keep the battery between 40-60%, for long term storage you can charge it up to 80% so it will not drain fully in storage (since storing a drained battery is even worse than storing a fully charged one)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello