Hacking Question Are NSP files still a higher ban risk than xci even with emmunand?

ravensfan8448

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, sorry if I'm not fully understanding how emmunand keeps things separate. Most of what I have read about xci vs nsp says that nsp is better, but is a higher chance for a ban. Is this downside remedied with emmunand? I'm setting up my 1.0 fw switch with sx os and emmunand now, and I'm just wondering if I should swap out my xci files for nsp ones. I plan on keeping the console offline, but would like the option to play smash bros ultimate online in the future with a legitimate cart. Thanks!

ravensfan8448

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XCI & NSP make a very very very high chance of ban, if you are worried about a ban DO NOT MOD.
Yes, I understand that its unknown what nintendo can see on our system and what triggers bans, making any modification a risky endeavor. Given I already have installed xecuter os and plan to run backups in an emmunand setup, would nsp files be any more risky than xci files based on what we currently know about ban risk? I'm definitely more interested in tinkering with my switch than playing online, but I don't want to increase my chance of ban if I don't have to. I also don't want to have to deal with a more inconvenient file type if its equally as risky.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
CFW or homebrew online = ban.
keep your emuNAND offline, use all hacks and homebrew on it. 90DNS should be fine if you want online.
keep your sysNAND online and never run any homebrew or CFW on it.
if you already did, it's probably too late.

it's still not 100% trustworthy, we don't know what can ban you or not.
if you are ban, report in the ban hub to help understanding what is detectable.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: ravensfan8448

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I mentioned it only for homebrew features. Switch Appstore for example, FTP and debug tools to connect the switch to computer for developers or cheaters, streaming apps, etc.
Games should not be played while in CFW, and 90DNS does not allow any nintendo's server connection so it should be safe, as long as the DNS is working and no new URL are used by games.
I'd prefer a whitelist proxy, blocking every URL and IP, except the one I choose (LAN, appstore, even nintendo connection test URL is safe to allow). CCProxy can work in white-list mode, I like that tool but it requires your PC to be available.

I use CCProxy with "permitted sites" mode.
site:
Code:
192.168.0.*;switchbru.com;ctest.cdn.nintendo.net
I can access switchbru. it blocks everything else. I didn't test LAN yet but should work with IP filtering too.
I launch CCproxy only when needed for even more safety.

Last edited by Cyan,

marveldragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone really answer the OP’s original question?

In emuNand and having stealth mode on, the risk of a ban is near zero, would be absolute if you were offline. Before I used emuNand, I never used nsp’s because I always used my OFW online; didn’t want any tickets sent to Nintendo from installed nsp’s getting me banned. Now with emuNand that is not the case. I do recommend and bring up using a separate SD card for emuNand and OFW. Check out other threads about games disappearing or getting deleted for a full understanding.

Cheers.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a second switch that has not been banned yet since sx os stealth mode got released
and i only play xcis on it, while wifi is on
i download updates from nintendo and other games i purchased as well

Last edited by jakkal,
Reactions: solitaire4eva

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la