Are my PS3 or controllers dead?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by boof222, Mar 12, 2011.

1. boof222
    OP

boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 26, 2009
    NSW
    Ok s this morning I turn on my PS3. I get the screen saying that it's detected a HDMI output. The controllers wouldn't connect so I plugged them in with the USB cord. The only button that would work is the PS button and all I could do was bring up the menu for turning off the controller or system, but I couldn't select any of them.

So I turned the PS3 off and on again. This time I get a black screen and no audio and even with the controllers plugged in they weren't working at all. I pressed the reset button on the controllers and that had no effect. I tried leaving the PS3 unplugged for about an hour and that had no effect.

I can't get any audio or video, or even the controllers to connect. I haven't tried any other controllers than the 2 that I have or tried them on a different console yet, but I will as soon as I can.
    Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to say that it's an 80gb Phat and I haven't modded it at all.

EDIT 2: Now I'm getting video and audio, but all I'm getting is this screen with no menu buttons or anything and the controllers still don't work.

Screen image

EDIT 3: I can get the menu up and everything now and the controllers work a bit better, but I still can't get them to work without being plugged in. They're fully charged so that's not the problem, but at least I can sort of play now. Still any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

It often freezes on startup now as well. I might have to restart it like 2 times before it works. I think it's reached the end of it's life span.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice