Gaming Are L & R buttons important in any games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an used DS Lite off ebay for pretty cheap (70$). I figured, I only want it for a couple games so it's not worth buying a new one for almost twice the amount. I just received it today and after playing Phantasy Star Zero, I noticed that the R & L buttons don't work (go figure right?). I don't really feel like going through the trouble of returning the product though if the L & R buttons don't have much impact on game play.

I'll probably play zelda, pokemon, phantasy star, mario, and harvest moon. Other than that, I'm more into PC/xbox360 gaming. So should I return it or ignore it?

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda = Boomerang.

The other games, I either haven't played, or they don't do anything.

jmido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i tried using a can of compressed air to get anything stuck in it out but it didn't do anything. The buttons press down just fine, and they don't get stuck. It just doesn't respond to pressing it down. I'll try taking it apart tomorrow and cleaning it out but I don't have a small enough screw driver around.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
jmido said:
well i tried using a can of compressed air to get anything stuck in it out but it didn't do anything. The buttons press down just fine, and they don't get stuck. It just doesn't respond to pressing it down. I'll try taking it apart tomorrow and cleaning it out but I don't have a small enough screw driver around.

... be VERY careful.... open gently

jmido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anything inside the DS that I need to make sure is connected for the R & L buttons to work?

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i always open up DS lites.

usually what happends is one of the plastic pieces that the spring on the triggers is supposed to touch breaks, thus causing the spring not to work. or the spring slipping out of its little spot.

this is actually the only part of putting a ds lite back together which i hate. this, and getting the top screen connected back to the bottom screen...

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
On Zelda it's much easier for your additional weapons to have these buttons. Especcially if you need to use the weapon quite quickly.

The only other game I can think of of the top of my head is Geomatry Wars. You need it for the big blowing up thing
tongue.gif

jmido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread can be closed, I traded the DS Lite in at gamestop and upgraded to a DSi. Luckily, they didn't check the R & L buttons so I got the full 70$ trade in value. I almost feel bad, only if they don't cheat you on used game trade in values. I paid 65$ for bioshock 2, traded it in a week later for 20$. Same thing happened with Dantes Inferno and most other games I play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill