Gaming Are games for 3DS and DSi working on DS?

rmanal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

my question is to know if games for 3DS or DSi are working with a card on a DS?

Thank you
Rmanal

rmanal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your quick answer.
One time I have tried to install a DSi games on my DS and it has worked. But only for this game. Is the compatibility due to hard instruction used in the ROM?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
rmanal said:
One time I have tried to install a DSi games on my DS and it has worked. But only for this game.That's because most DSi games would run in DS mode on a DS. Not so with 3DS games. You'll also notice you didn't get any of the DSi benefits (such as the camera and crap).

QUOTE(rmanal @ Apr 2 2011, 10:27 AM) Is the compatibility due to hard instruction used in the ROM?
The 3DS has different (and much more powerful) hardware than the DS. No future development will even make them run playable.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
rmanal said:
Thank you for your quick answer.
One time I have tried to install a DSi games on my DS and it has worked. But only for this game. Is the compatibility due to hard instruction used in the ROM?
That wasn't a DSi only game, it was a DS game with DSi features if you put in the DSi.
There is only one DSi game and that is "System Flaw" and it won't work on a DS.
3DS games won't work due to the fact that they are a totally different format that only works on the 3DS due to hardware and software differences, even if you shaved off the nub on the side the system won't even show it.
DSi game won't work due to the hardware differences nor will any DSi-Ware games ever work on the DS.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
There's three types of DS carts (four if you count 3DS games)

DS games play in DS mode of any DS system
DSi hybrid games play in DS mode on a DS phat and lite but in DSi mode on a DSi or 3DS in DSi mode there's extra features what they are depends on the game (often camera or using the better Wi-Fi)
DSi games can only play in DSi mode on a DSi or 3DS and will not play at all on a DS phat or lite

3DS games can only play in 3DS mode on a 3DS

DS and DSi hybrid games will play in DS mode on all but one flashcart.
DSi hybrid and DSi games play in DSi mode on an iEVO
3DS roms can not yet be played at all.

Also DSi hybrid games (real carts) will play in DS mode on a DSi or 3DS from a different region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro