Homebrew Are game ID's stored in SNES & SEN roms?

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking to make a pretty front end for the emulators that show the cover art/screen shots for games before they are loaded. But the problem I am currently facing is that not all roms for the same game are titled the same. For Wii ISOs, they have the game ID at the beginning of the file, so it doesn't matter what they are called on your PC, SMASH BROS BRAWL will be easily identifiable as that game and an image can be matched to it.

So, is there any specific spot in each rom that is always different? If this is the game ID, it will help out a bit, but I really don't care as long as this can be used to identify games regardless of the filename.

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure if this would help but, when loading the games via ZSNES a the game title is briefly displayed on the bottom left corner regardless of how the actual rom is renamed.
artoffighting.jpg

my actual Art of Fighting Rom is renamed Art of Fighting (U).smc

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happens if you change the rom name to "aaarrrrrtttt of fighting (u).smc"? does it still show the "ART OF FIGHTING"? Or are they just stripping off the text at the end of the name when they find a ()?

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay