Are AVGNs videos at risk of being removed on YouTube?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,293
  • Replies 11
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
The reason I bring up this question is due to the new guidelines of YouTube which can basically affect anyone but I specifically am focused on Cinemassacre (James Rolfe) as his AVGN videos have a lot of cursing and so, it may regrettably lead to being removed which would be a shame. But on the bright side, he has his own website so there's always that too whilst others who make a living off YouTube don't and will either have to change the articles they cover or change to a different video streaming site.

He've also released it on Blu-ray and DVD but I wouldn't go that far, it's been available on the web for years and he's gotten my support by watching it.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The new guidelines don't remove videos, they remove monetization of videos.
how so?
it is now forbidden to advertize (for example at the end of a movie talk about a product)?
and now your are forced to advertize through google's advertizing system?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
how so?
it is now forbidden to advertize (for example at the end of a movie talk about a product)?
and now your are forced to advertize through google's advertizing system?
Youtube is removing THEIR monetization system if your video breaks their terms of service. Which since recently includes all of these insane over the top things.

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank god I also upload to Dailymotion all of my videos, because these new content policies are absolute crap!
Kind of reason why I might want to make a video site just so that we have actual rules and good policies rather than being over-the-top.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It might be GT all over again and he'll simply move. They won't be taken down, but if he can't make money of them he might consider rehosting them somewhere else and advertising to go there .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...