Are any black non 3000 PSP's unhackable?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by blazingwolf, Dec 30, 2008.

Dec 30, 2008
  1. blazingwolf
    OP

Member blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Got a friend here who got a brand new black 2000 PSP, when I use my pandora and MMS it comes on with a green light but doesn't take me to the Despertar Cementario menu. I'm using DC6, will DC8 help or are some Black 2000's unhackable?

2. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    New slims are unhackable because of the TA_88v3 motherboard.

3. blazingwolf
    OP

Member blazingwolf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is there any way to differentiate between these two externally? Apparently his mom bought it at best buy a few weeks ago, so I guess that stock was the unhackable ones? I thought only the Blue Madden PSP's had the new motherboard and then they just stopped making 2000's afterwards.

4. thesaint08

Newcomer thesaint08 Advanced Member

United Kingdom

I am not sure in the US, as over in the UK, there are hardly any special edition PSP's.

I think that you can tell by the date code under the battery whether it can be hacked, but I can't remember what it is, something like 8D and lower can be done.

5. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    There *MIGHT* be a way to tell from the UPC codes on the box... but i'm not sure at all. Try google and see if theres a way to check from the box. I'm assuming you want a way to tell so you don't have to buy it, open the battery, THEN see if it can be hacked?

Honestly, there are guides all over the net for different systems to know the difference based upon box info... dunno if that works for PSP or not, but Google is a friend [​IMG]

6. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    Man, just open the battery cover and look at the date code. If it's 8B or below, it's hackable. 8C or above, not possible. Simple.