Status
Not open for further replies.

VikStrange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It doesn't, I feel it's a memory leak issue though because my whole PC starts chugging till I manage to kill Ryujinx.
Weird. Ryu vulkan doesnt memory leak for me: in fact, it doesnt even go over 50% memory or vram, unlike normal Ryu or Yuzu, that go straight at 70/80%.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao

End of discussion, what a waste of time when I could be playing :wacko:
because everybody has to love blur filters. vaseline aside its still not as drastic as you made it out to be and apparently only noticeable in certain areas because colony 9 shows zero difference
2022072715063300-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F4545399F5.jpg
2022072715085000-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F4545399F5.jpg

can you guess which is which?

Last edited by deathblade200,

DunArd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
because everybody has to love blur filters. vaseline aside its still not as drastic as you made it out to be and apparently only noticeable in certain areas because colony 9 shows zero differenceView attachment 319859View attachment 319860

can you guess which is which?
Here is less noticeable, but I see the difference, the down one has better shadows, lights and AA :P

DJPAUL1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@DunArd

Can i do something that Cutscenes runs better with your „Max config“? mostly use oc 460. or is charging and oc 700+ the only way?

Thx

Otakon273

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
DunArd's Maxed Preset
Thanks a lot for great work!
Sorry for dumb question, but can you share Maxed config, or just tell how to change shadows to default settibgs in your config.
Playin in dock CPU 1500+ GPU 921. sometimes frame drops near 20, especially in cutscenes. Or can you say what setting you change to obtain such clean image. At least want stable 30fps on dock with clean picture, not care so much about shadows. I hope turn off shadows to default make it.

DunArd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
funny part is the bottom one is my pic I just knew you would assume I put them in order
Oh my god, what a troll :wacko:
Is mine man, I compared it with imgsli and have the characteristics of my preset, and the other one doesn't have it nothing.
This is so dumb man, stop.

@DunArd

Can i do something that Cutscenes runs better with your „Max config“? mostly use oc 460. or is charging and oc 700+ the only way?

Thx
With maxed preset impossible, the game it has a system that drops from 30 to 20FPS to avoid stuttering, the cinematics are slowed down because with 460MHz the game cannot reach 21-28FPS.

Thanks a lot for great work!
Sorry for dumb question, but can you share Maxed config, or just tell how to change shadows to default settibgs in your config.
Playin in dock CPU 1500+ GPU 921. sometimes frame drops near 20, especially in cutscenes. Or can you say what setting you change to obtain such clean image. At least want stable 30fps on dock with clean picture, not care so much about shadows. I hope turn off shadows to default make it.
Thank you! You have the JSON settings for maxed preset in the page 22, to reset shadows to default you need to change these values:
"shadowStr": 1.15, -> 1.0
"shadowHalf": false, -> true
"shadowColor": [
1.05, -> 1.0
1.05 -> 1.0
],
"simShwStr": 1.95, -> 1.6
"simShwIn": 0.85, -> 0.8
"simShwMin": 0.10, -> 0.15

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god, what a troll :wacko:
Is mine man, I compared it with imgsli and have the characteristics of my preset, and the other one doesn't have it nothing.
This is so dumb man, stop.

With maxed preset impossible, the game it has a system that drops from 30 to 20FPS to avoid stuttering, the cinematics are slowed down because with 460MHz the game cannot reach 21-28FPS.

Thank you! You have the JSON settings for maxed preset in the page 22, to reset shadows to default you need to change these values:
its funny how toxic you get when you are wrong. as I said from the start MOST of the settings changed do nothing hence why its so unnoticeable to the point that you even trick yourself. its clearly something thats only apparent in some areas and not others. and hell even in the comparisons you showed early I saw lots of blur more than anything else. but i guess changing cloud color was a pro tweak

Last edited by deathblade200,
Reactions: N4verm1nd

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
By tweaking a little bit I found a really interesting preset.

I changed all the values from false to true and it gives an excellent effect! The theme of the game is reinforced, it gives a darker side and it makes the effect of a reshade. Here are two pictures to illustrate my point
( also, I put max res, i didn't try cutscene or battle yet)

"for switch"
It would be nice to find out how to remove the dark edges just to see if it is better or not
2022072722413100-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F4545399F5.jpg

2022072722425100-A862246CB76B2B6DC14022F4545399F5.jpg

Attachments

• atmosphere.rar
    4.2 KB · Views: 45

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Ooookay, let's go!

After XC1DE and XC2/Torna, I bring you... ¡DunArd's preset for Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

Updated presets with IPS patch for 1.1.0 update.

This preset is mostly recommended to play in portable mode, since you have to use ReverseNX to put dock mode when you're using it in portable and the settings have been optimized so that the game works well overcloking GPU to 460MHz and looks good on Switch.

Features:
- Better shadows and lights
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient
- Slightly better resolution
- LOD greatly increased
- More real vegetation
- Performance between 28 and 30 FPS in large areas

Instructions:
- Unzip and drop Atmosphere folder in the MicroSD root.
- You need to download ReverseNX and put XC3 profile in docked mode to enjoy the resolution optimizations
- You need sys-clk to overclock GPU to 460MHz and CPU to 1581MHz

JSON Settings:

Direct comparison screenshots (more coming in the next days):

https://imgsli.com/MTE4MzMx

EXTRA:
DunArd's Maxed Preset

This preset is mostly recommended to play in docked mode or with official charger, since you have to overclock your Switch GPU to 768MHz to almost reach 25-30FPS.

Features:
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient and sharpen
- Maxed resolution, dynamic disabled
- LOD, vegetation and terrain maximized to it's best result
- Performance between 28-30 FPS in large areas with 768MHz and 17-20FPS with 460MHz
- Beware: Switch will now get much hotter if you overclock to 768MHz, I am not responsible under any circumstances for any problems that may be caused to your consoles. Do it at your own risk.

Instructions:

- You need to download ReverseNX and put XC3 profile in docked mode to enjoy the resolution optimizations
- You need sys-clk to overclock GPU to 768MHz and CPU to 1581MHz to reach 30FPS (and you will need to Dock or connect a charger to reach 768MHz)

JSON Settings:
Max setting is great but cutscene has slowdowns. Not all cutscenes and not all the time, fps drops to 20 from 30. I'm kinda confused on why tho because sometimes fps drops when nothing is happening in the scene, other times fps stays 30 during a battle scene. WTF??

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after 5 hours in Yuzu and 2 in Vulkan Ryujinx here are my findings:

Note: 3080 desktop i7 9700k

Yuzu OpenGL: 30fps stable with shader building stutters and some 2-5 second freezes in cutscenes. Zero crashes. Perhaps some missing effects. Scaling above 1x has black lines.

Ryujinx Vulkan: 22-30 fps all the time. No large stutters or freezes. Mods have a large impact on performance; no mods with 4x emu scaling ran stable 30 fps, Res mods with 1x scaling ran 22-30 fps. Only crashed at the very beginning of the game.

Conclusion: Vulkan on Yuzu will probably solve all the issues if that ever works for XBC3. Ryujinx 4x no mods runs the best, and only looks kinda bad. Yuzu OpenGL looks and runs the best ONLY when shaders are built. Ryu 1x w/ mods looks great but has 22-30 variable fps, feels the most Switch like with fps slowdown but not stutters. Pick your poison, none are perfect.

Reactions: lippe

Lyzard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ooookay, let's go!

After XC1DE and XC2/Torna, I bring you... ¡DunArd's preset for Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

Updated presets with IPS patch for 1.1.0 update.

This preset is mostly recommended to play in portable mode, since you have to use ReverseNX to put dock mode when you're using it in portable and the settings have been optimized so that the game works well overcloking GPU to 460MHz and looks good on Switch.

Features:
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient
- Slightly better resolution
- LOD greatly increased
- More real vegetation
- Performance between 28 and 30 FPS in large areas

Instructions:
- You need sys-clk to overclock GPU to 460MHz and CPU to 1581MHz

JSON Settings:

Direct comparison screenshots (more coming in the next days):

https://imgsli.com/MTE4MzMx

EXTRA:
DunArd's Maxed Preset

This preset is mostly recommended to play in docked mode or with official charger, since you have to overclock your Switch GPU to 768MHz to almost reach 25-30FPS.

Features:
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient and sharpen
- Maxed resolution, dynamic disabled
- LOD, vegetation and terrain maximized to it's best result
- Performance between 28-30 FPS in large areas with 768MHz and 17-20FPS with 460MHz
- Beware: Switch will now get much hotter if you overclock to 768MHz, I am not responsible under any circumstances for any problems that may be caused to your consoles. Do it at your own risk.

Instructions:

- You need sys-clk to overclock GPU to 768MHz and CPU to 1581MHz to reach 30FPS (and you will need to Dock or connect a charger to reach 768MHz)

JSON Settings:
Thanks! Max settings with docked mode looks pretty good :) But even if i overclock gpu to 921 mhz, it still drops to 20fps in cutscenes. any way to solve this issue ?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Max settings with docked mode looks pretty good :) But even if i overclock gpu to 921 mhz, it still drops to 20fps in cutscenes. any way to solve this issue ?
I really don't understand this issue and have not been able to replicate. is it all videos or certain videos? its been an issue since day one for people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi