Last edited by DunArd,
Reactions: Medel87

nesis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An i7 8700k and gtx1080 should handle this on Yuzu right? Was often around 30 with some stutter in the field. Just hit Colony 9 and framerate is real choppy. Goes down to 23 fps in spots and feels worse than that even on 1x. Also chugs in closeup character dialogues even after shaders are compiles. Are there some settings I need to tweak?

Woobels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't. Tested with mem reduct.

But it stutters like hell. I don't get how people are saying it doesn't stutter? It's 10x worse than Yuzu.
Either way it seems like everyone is having different issues on different emulators and they need some work before they're truly stable, which makes sense because Xenoblade games have been hard to emulate in the past (+the game isn't even out yet)

tet666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
An i7 8700k and gtx1080 should handle this on Yuzu right? Was often around 30 with some stutter in the field. Just hit Colony 9 and framerate is real choppy. Goes down to 23 fps in spots and feels worse than that even on 1x. Also chugs in closeup character dialogues even after shaders are compiles. Are there some settings I need to tweak?

Don't use gpu high or upscaling atm, use a good mod and stay at 1x.

Reactions: nesis

astherion666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Heh. In someone's PC Riujinx stutter, on mine laptop Yuzu much worse, especially after update 1.1.0 (stutters, drops fps till 15-17, especially in cutscenes). You need to turn off memory optimization (i.e. Memreduct - it can lead to complete hangings, 5-10 secs.); no memory leaks in 1.1.0.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this shitty comment. First of all, this is the third preset that I do, I did the first one for XC1DE working on this and testing every setting in the config for more than 20 hours, then I made the preset for XC2 + Torna, to which I also spent about 15 hours optimizing all the settings and finally I have made this configuration, in which I have tried all the settings that have been possible for me, working more than 10 hours in total. I'm not going to accept a shitty destructive criticism like the one you just did when I've spent more than 40h working on these presets and checking countless times with screen comparisons, going in and out of Switch, connecting DBI and looking for screenshots in addition to the time testing that the framerate is stable and the overall image quality is acceptable.
and yet all these claims that are MEANT to make me feel bad mean absolutely nothing when all those settings did nothing. literally showed a picture of how "different" it is spoiler it isn't. maybe don't make claims that are easily disproven

DunArd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
and yet all these claims that are MEANT to make me feel bad mean absolutely nothing when all those settings did nothing. literally showed a picture of how "different" it is spoiler it isn't. maybe don't make claims that are easily disproven
Wow, incredible response. Can you share your preset? I'd like to compare it a bit more with mine.

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If anyone wants it I compiled those settings into a config. Additionally I also disabled dynamic resolution. Comes in two versions, Switch and Emu, only difference is that Emu Version also has ColReduction disabled so it can scale properly on emulators.
To install on Yuzu or Ryujinx just drop Config folder into your emulators mod location, on Switch install as usual.
thank you

Yuzu 1x vs 4x W+PrintScreen 4K:

https://imgsli.com/MTE4NDA3

Attached 1080p Yuzu capture 1x 1080p

Yuzu runs great at 1x 30 fps, but 10-25 fps at 4x with mod (mod is a big fps drop at 4x scaler). 2x and 3x has black lines problems in open world. Version 1.1.0. Yuzu EA-2863

Ryujinx-Release-1.1.0+d2b16de-win_x64 Vulkan

Ryujinx 2x and 3x scaler has problems during cutscenes. FPS at 3x is worse than Yuzu at 4x.
Looks playable at 1x scaler 30 FPS, but I need to play for 1h+ to be sure about it.

Attachments

• XC3Config_DevSettings_Emu_YuzuCapture_1x.png
    XC3Config_DevSettings_Emu_YuzuCapture_1x.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 58

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, incredible response. Can you share your preset? I'd like to compare it a bit more with mine.
all you have to do is turn off AA, TMAA, and any blur settings as well as set the resolution to 1.0 nothing major at all thats all I changed

VikStrange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So far, my best config has been Ryujinx with Vulkan. FPS are decently stable, although shaderlagged, few crashes (maybe the one I had was due to HIPS) and no memory leak or very small memory leak.

Shaders might be an issue since emusak is ded tho.

Red_BY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
From my experience Ryujinx performance is way behind Yuzu on both OpenGL and Vulkan. I wouldn't recommend trying OpenGL at all because shader compilation is unbearable there, Vulkan is much better but still not perfect. And Ryujinx just stutters a lot in general. It upscales a little better in gameplay but has issues in cutscenes. Ryujinx is also missing various scaling features that Yuzu has which help with upscaling significantly. However Yuzu is crippled by memory leak right now but once Vulkan is fixed it should be a good experience. Personally I'm waiting for that before starting the game.

Reactions: Ethek and lippe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...