Not open for further replies.

lippe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ooookay, let's go!

After XC1DE and XC2/Torna, I bring you... ¡DunArd's preset for Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

Updated presets with IPS patch for 1.1.0 update.
[...]
Emulator preset looks great! Thank you!
Please share the JSON Settings.

astherion666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So I've managed to find ideal combo for emulation.

Latest Yuzu EA with patch 1.1.0 - overall slowdowns, drops fps to 17-19, especially in cutscenes.

Installed Riujinx 1.1.0.279 (Vulkan version) - works flawlessly with 1.1.0 patch, Vulkan + with 4X res. & 16X AA (res & AA in graphics settings, patches not working), stable 30FPS! Almost no lags, played 2hrs (once experienced slow-down, but find it happens in the moment then Memreduct cleans RAM).

Last edited by astherion666,

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Latest Yuzu EA with patch 1.1.0 - overall slowdowns, drops fps to 17-19, especially in cutscenes.

Installed Riujinx 1.1.0.279 (Vulkan version) - works flawlessly with 1.1.0 patch, Vulkan + with 4X res. & 16X AA (res & AA in graphics settings, patches not working), stable 30FPS! Almost no lags, playes 2hrs (once experienced slow-down, but find it happens in the moment then Memreduct cleans RAM).
Got a link to the emu or anything? Can't find that specifically from searching. Did you build it yourself off the gdkchan github?

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Installed Riujinx 1.1.0.279 (Vulkan version) - works flawlessly with 1.1.0 patch, Vulkan + with 4X res. & 16X AA (res & AA in graphics settings, patches not working), stable 30FPS! Almost no lags, played 2hrs (once experienced slow-down, but find it happens in the moment then Memreduct cleans RAM).
Does this make the graphics in the game itself 4k, though? I know the patches enabled a sharper image in the gameplay graphics.

Will doing 4x res with Vulkan make the world less blurry, etc?

If not, do the patches work on the vanilla version of the game pre-patch with Riyujinx?

Red_BY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

30 FPS at 4X resolution? What are your specs? Also how is shader caching on Vulkan Ryujinx?

VikStrange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

So... how do you manage so it doesnt instacrash? I tried vulkan ryu yesterday before 1.1, and it crashed really hard. Looks gorgeous and plays smooth before doing so, tho.

Also it got Taion walking on water for whatever reason so I guess he's Jesus now

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In files there is also a file called "lib_pc.bin" that is not used by executable, but if anybody is curious what devs used to play it on PC, those are differences:
Code:
red_Auto = true -> false
tmaaSharpness_5 = 0.9 -> 0.7
tmaaSharpness_Hnd_5 = 1.3 -> 0.4
tmaaNewUpScale = true -> false

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all..damnnn the resolution in your maxed out config. Absolutely amazing. Good job

But i have problems with cutscenes. Their are slow again :( but only without charging. With charging and your oc settings it is perfect

Just playing handheld. I used your oc setting
funny because most of the settings did absolutely nothing and the resolution is no different than just setting it to 1.0 with default AA. I feel like this person just randomly changed shit then went yeah thats better. like they even changed cloud color for some odd reason

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
funny because most of the settings did absolutely nothing and the resolution is no different than just setting it to 1.0 with default AA. I feel like this person just randomly changed shit then went yeah thats better. like they even changed cloud color for some odd reason

Maybe placebo and/or people mistaking prerendered cutscene or a change in the level design (some areas are way lighter to render than some others)

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
In files there is also a file called "lib_pc.bin" that is not used by executable, but if anybody is curious what devs used to play it on PC, those are differences:
Code:
red_Auto = true -> false
tmaaSharpness_5 = 0.9 -> 0.7
tmaaSharpness_Hnd_5 = 1.3 -> 0.4
tmaaNewUpScale = true -> false

I wonder if those were used to render the prerendered cutscene in retail.

It would be pretty strange if they used it to play the game. As that would means less testing (due to different config to real hardware).

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Increasing resolution to 2x, 3x, or 4x makes a huge difference in cutscenes. Like a huge difference. I know people stated they are pre-rendered, which makes so sense because cutscenes are definitely impacted by the emulator resolution scaler.

Forcevapour

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Increasing resolution to 2x, 3x, or 4x makes a huge difference in cutscenes. Like a huge difference. I know people stated they are pre-rendered, which makes so sense because cutscenes are definitely impacted by the emulator resolution scaler.
Do you get artifacts from the scaler? I'm using yuzu and see artifacts in gameplay

StonersKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooookay, let's go!

After XC1DE and XC2/Torna, I bring you... ¡DunArd's preset for Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

This preset is mostly recommended to play in portable mode, since you have to use ReverseNX to put dock mode when you're using it in portable and the settings have been optimized so that the game works well overcloking GPU to 460MHz and looks good on Switch.

Features:
- Better shadows and lights
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient
- Slightly better resolution
- LOD greatly increased
- More real vegetation
- Performance between 28 and 30 FPS in large areas

Instructions:
- Unzip and drop Atmosphere folder in the MicroSD root.
- You need to download ReverseNX and put XC3 profile in docked mode to enjoy the resolution optimizations
- You need sys-clk to overclock GPU to 460MHz and CPU to 1581MHz

JSON Settings:

Direct comparison screenshots (more coming in the next days):

EXTRA:
DunArd's Maxed Preset

This preset is mostly recommended to play in docked mode or with official charger, since you have to overclock your Switch GPU to 768MHz to almost reach 25-30FPS.

Features:
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient and sharpen
- Maxed resolution, dynamic disabled
- LOD, vegetation and terrain maximized to it's best result
- Performance between 28-30 FPS in large areas with 768MHz and 17-20FPS with 460MHz
- Beware: Switch will now get much hotter if you overclock to 768MHz, I am not responsible under any circumstances for any problems that may be caused to your consoles. Do it at your own risk.

Instructions:

- You need to download ReverseNX and put XC3 profile in docked mode to enjoy the resolution optimizations
- You need sys-clk to overclock GPU to 768MHz and CPU to 1581MHz to reach 30FPS (and you will need to Dock or connect a charger to reach 768MHz)

JSON Settings:
Great. Using this in conjunction with 60fps and toggle.. loving the added draw distance

Thanks a lot!

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe placebo and/or people mistaking prerendered cutscene or a change in the level design (some areas are way lighter to render than some others)
here I'll show you the difference between the one I made that I mentioned earlier and this "max" one
mine.jpg

mine 2.jpg

mine is the top one

Reactions: Red_BY

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ooookay, let's go!

This preset is mostly recommended to play in portable mode, since you have to use ReverseNX to put dock mode when you're using it in portable and the settings have been optimized so that the game works well overcloking GPU to 460MHz and looks good on Switch.

Features:
- LOD greatly increased
- More real vegetation

Instructions:

JSON Settings:

https://imgsli.com/MTE4MzMx

EXTRA:
DunArd's Maxed Preset

This preset is mostly recommended to play in docked mode or with official charger, since you have to overclock your Switch GPU to 768MHz to almost reach 25-30FPS.

Features:
- Performance between 28-30 FPS in large areas with 768MHz and 17-20FPS with 460MHz
- Beware: Switch will now get much hotter if you overclock to 768MHz, I am not responsible under any circumstances for any problems that may be caused to your consoles. Do it at your own risk.

Instructions:

- You need sys-clk to overclock GPU to 768MHz and CPU to 1581MHz to reach 30FPS (and you will need to Dock or connect a charger to reach 768MHz)

JSON Settings:
Ooookay, let's go!

Features:
- LOD greatly increased
- More real vegetation

Instructions:

JSON Settings:

https://imgsli.com/MTE4MzMx

EXTRA:
DunArd's Maxed Preset

Features:

Instructions:

JSON Settings:
Thanks. can you give me a max max config, a reason to make my switch run at 921 mhz gpu? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...