Hacking AR help

syke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me start it off by saying.... I have read every R4 DS AR tutorial and youtube thing online.
smile.gif
Well at least 5 or 6 of them. I have spent about 3 hours trying to get the cheats to work with my R4 and DS.

Still no go.

So fearing a flame fest I will ask for some help.....
biggrin.gif

I have AR code manager with the US codes downloaded and in the .xlm format. I have importated them to the cheat editor from R4 website. Saved the usrcheat.dat to the _system_ file along with the orginal CHEAT.dat and the gbaframe pic thingy and ebook folder.

I get no Y when I go to choose a game to play.

---------------

I have even placed the usrcheat.dat file from the R4 cheat editor folder into the same _system_ folder. The R4 cheat editor usrcheat.dat file comes with three games. Still no go.

Any ideas?

I got the DS for Christmas and the R4 a few days ago. I started by updating to the latest 1.14 kernel. Other than the cheats I have not had any problems with the R4 and so far love every minute of it.

Thanks for the help guys.... and sorry for being the 234 person to ask for cheat R4 help.
grog.gif
nds.gif

syke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I swear I must be missing one simple little part. It will probably be quite embarrassing once I figure it out.

As for now I am almost ready to start over... formating the flash, re-installing the kernel and the roms just to see if I accidentally screwed something up along the way.

With everything I have read it seem so easy yet I am stumped.

syke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have checked out that tutorial but I will read it again just to make sure.

Right now Rayder does not have any downloads in his sig.

GAME ID's, I believe they are imputed automatically. I have double checked a few and they were correct.

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1-2-08.rar thats whatt you click in his sig
is it encrypted

what ever you chose to use a urscheatdat or a cheat dat use one theyre there for other slot ones
l
l
\/

syke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need both the CHEAT.dat and the usrcheat.dat file? Or can I use just the CHEAT.dat file that I downloaded?

syke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh roger that... I just downloaded it.

I believe the ID's are the same. Let me double check again

asuri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
by double check did you check your game id on the cheat editor and then put that id into the cheat u use? if it doesnt work then was the cheat encrypted when u edited it and saved. when u said it came up with three games were the games the one u need cheats in?

dont double post dude

syke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I just downloaded rayder cheat.dat file and opened it with r4cce.

The game ID of my game is the same as the id in r4cce. it is a 4 letters and then 8 numbers.

I dont know if rayder's .dat file is encrypted or not. I can not open it with cheat code editor 1.01 but I can with r4cce.

Does every copy of a game have the same ID code or is it individual to that particular game?

So far all of the id's that I have checked have been identical to the cheat.dat game id's. I am still a bit lost.

syke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So will I have to go through each game that I want a cheat for and enter the ID?

If so I must be looking at the ID incorrectly.

Mario Kart DS ID - AMCE 59604513

Does that look reasonable?

When the cheats work am I suppose to see a Y button appear right before you can hit A to start a game? Is that how it works?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the CHEAT.DAT in my sig.

Make sure you are using the latest firmware version......1.14 is the latest version. You would want the CHEAT.DAT file out of my download. Read the text file.

Enjoy!

grog.gif

syke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will do it again just because you took the time to help me out. Wish me luck

This is getting embarrassing.
smile.gif

EDIT....

I followed your instructions to a T. It is just really easy.... grab the cheat.dat file and place it in the _system_ folder after deleting the current usrcheat.dat and cheat.dat file, leaving only the ebook and gba thing.
I the current 1.14 kernel from the 54 website. I have a 1 gig sandisk with 960 mb's used, about 22 games.

I fire up the DS and nothing changes, I can view, scroll and play games like normal but I am expecting a Y button to appear on the bottom screen before you start a game but nothing happens, it never appears.

stumped like nobodies business.
blink.gif
wacko.gif

syke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok that is the trimmer i was using.... can you recommend a better program?

im going to try it with un trimmed games right now and if that dont work then I guess I will format clean and start over.

never mind... it made no difference so I am going to format clean.

ok it must be with a game id problem then..... can someone explain the game id and where I find it and what I need it for. please of course.

syke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AMCJ B126A7EF

^ That is Mario Kart's Game ID.

You don't define the game ids, they are retrieved from the ROM.

Rayder's cheat.dat has cheats for three different Mario Kart games. One of which is the same ID as mine. one is the ID you listed above and the last one is different.

Do these ID's mean anything to me at this point?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM