Hacking AR codes for r4i-sdhc Pokemon Black

Agentfyre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure where to post this. As the title states, I'm trying to get AR codes to run for Pokemon Black on my r4i-sdhc card. What happens is that when I go into the codes list on my card, they show up as gibberish. For any other roms, the codes turn up just fine.

I did already get the latest usrcheats.dat file. I tried r4cce to make sure it has the correct rom info. Neither of these things have helped so far.

I'm using the r4i card that says v1.4.1 and www.r4i-sdhc.com on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dumb question: are you sure, you're NOT playing the japanese version?

try using the usrcheat.dat, that's included in the latest kernel-update (v1.34b)
that works for me...(pkmn black[G])

i just discovered: one cheat is written in gibberish
laugh.gif
the rest is just normal (english)

Agentfyre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks for replying!
laugh.gif

As far as I can tell, it's the english rom. I downloaded a couple different english roms and tried them out, they all had the same result.

I also used the usrcheats.dat file that came with the latest kernel, but they too were all gibberish.

Can you tell me what site you got your rom from? I don't know if that is allowed. This is a weird problem though, I have no idea how it could be happening.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Agentfyre said:
Can you tell me what site you got your rom from? I don't know if that is allowed. This is a weird problem though, I have no idea how it could be happening.
Please read the rules before continuing to use the forums, thank you.

You can try to manually add the Pokémon Black Version cheats.

Agentfyre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sausage Head said:
You can try to manually add the Pokémon Black Version cheats.

That;s the thing, too. I went to r4i-sdhc.com and downloaded their usrcheats editor. For some reason, it crashes whenever I try to open the usrcheats.dat file that came with the latest kernel! However, I downloaded r4cce and tried that instead, which doesn't crash, but even after editing the cheats they're still messed up.

Any ideas?

Agentfyre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, for not replying for a while. I was doing some research. I found an old post that complained about something similar to what I'm experiencing. This post claimed that having too many codes could make the cheats glitch visually.

I tried deleting a few of the codes in the usrcheats.dat file. It seems that I have to have at most 8 codes available to actually have it not mess up! Weird. This is still quite inconvenient, so if anyone knows a fix, I'd like to hear it. But if anyone is experiencing what I am, this may help temporarily.

jordantyler36

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! sorry for the somewhat necro-post, but I seem to be having the same problem. I have used two different roms, both have been confirmed as the US rom, I have used the cheat codes that came with the kernel, posted my own codes in a blank USRCHEAT.DAT file, took out every other code in the original, and yet I am still having problems with this. It seems to be only certain codes that do this, for example anything created with pokesav and anything that involves doing anything minutely useful aside from changing seasons/time/gender, ect. Just wanted to know if this problem had been actually resolved or not.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jordantyler36 said:
Hi! sorry for the somewhat necro-post, but I seem to be having the same problem. I have used two different roms, both have been confirmed as the US rom, I have used the cheat codes that came with the kernel, posted my own codes in a blank USRCHEAT.DAT file, took out every other code in the original, and yet I am still having problems with this. It seems to be only certain codes that do this, for example anything created with pokesav and anything that involves doing anything minutely useful aside from changing seasons/time/gender, ect. Just wanted to know if this problem had been actually resolved or not.

100% sure they're clean and not patched?

puckthegoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that same problem too. What's messing things up is that the "notes" on the cheats are too long. If you download the .xml file for the cheats you can go in and delete them and it'll work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo