Homebrew Apps no longer loading on homebrew screen

markg87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i had a perfectly working HD for all my games, movies, etc. I needed to format it in order to move information from one xbox to another when mine died. I repartitioned the hard drive and reformatted both partitions. One WBFS and the other FAT32. Now when i load up the homebrew channel, nothing loads and it just stays on the blue screen with the bubbles. I hit 1 and it seems that the wii does recognioze that there is a USB device plugged in.. ive tried restarting both wii and homebrew channel with no luck. I of course have the setup of Y:/apps/appnamehere. Not sure where i went wrong here.. any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

markg87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is set to Primary (as opposed to Logical) if thats what you are asking. Didnt see an active option when creating the partition.

EDIT: Nevermind, i just set it to active. Let me see if that straightens things out.

Ok that didnt change anything, still stuck with the same issue.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my FAT is my first partion yes its is primary and also set to active ,, my second is WBFS,, if all this is fine ,, then what port is your hdd plugged into ,,

also unplug your wii and hdd count to about 10 then plug everything back in and try again ,,sometimes they get lost or unsync

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem a couple times, make sure the drive is plugged into the bottom port, and maybe unplug and replug it a couple times. Do you hear the disk spinning? do you have IOS58 and hbc installed on that IOS? also, try waiting, it took my drive like 2 mins once to be read

markg87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i left it unlpugged over night, plugged it back in and loaded everything up and went to work. 10 hours later, still nothing. I do have ios58 and HBC is installed on ios58. HDD is plugged into the port closest to the edge.. if youre looking directly at the back of the wii it would be the right most port. Since then, ive tried reinstalling the HBC and tried to load apps up via SD card with no luck. Not exactly sure where to go from here..

EDIT: Ok i completely deleted both partitions and did one partition of only FAT32 format. Now when i go to homebrew channel it shows the loading icon endlessly. Like its been a good 20 minutes or so. Seems the first problem must have been when i partitioned the drive i did something wrong. Now any ideas of what this problem might be.

markg87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as everything that is required, its all there. I got the downloads from the download section on this site.. what are the chances of four downloads having an issue?

Bumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Something to try, as said above sounds like a problem with the SD card so rule that out first.

Back up your files that you need to keep and format the SD card as fat32 (Not Quick), if your wii reads backup disks unplug the HD and try running neogamma from the SD card, if your wii don't read back up disks you could try WiiMC with a movie on a freshly formatted USB storage drive.

This is just a test to see if you can get the wii to work from SD loading without your partitioned HD, then work from there.

Regards

markg87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i tried loading up apps via SD card again, it does absolutely nothing. Doesnt even try to load them. Hooked the HDD back up and it still "loads endlessly".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool