1. Dragonface

OP Dragonface Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So it's an odd one. I did a region transfer following the guide here (JP to US). It was successful, no problems. So I did the updates and whatnot, and I'm good to go. I open up notifications, but if I press home, it'll show the normal screen "HOME Menu" but will just freeze.

I read a page where someone had similar issues on here (can't post links unfortunately, too new, but the title of the post is "Exiting apps causes 3DS to crash", posted by FarisMarie)
    I tried a few of the things, but no luck. I tried checking all my hardware bits but it doesn't seem to be the issue, and I did the part where the dude asked him to check that the correct region is set in the hex edit, and it is correct.

So then I figured maybe I just did something wrong, so I tried the region transfer again. Same issue.

So THEN I wondered if perhaps it's nothing to do with the region transfer and I just have a busted 3DS. So I restored to the original NAND before I region transferred.....and there's no problems. I can open and close applets with no issue. Weird. So I tried the region transfer again, with all new fresh files...and it's happening again. I thought maybe it's just stalled and will resolve, but it's definitely frozen (Waited 5 mins, no results.)

Does anyone have any idea how to figure something like this out? It's an odd one.

Edit just checked, if I close the lid, the screen will turn off, but it looks like the 3DS doesn't actually sleep. It just turns the screen off.

Last edited by Dragonface, Aug 26, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - pressing, transfer, Applets