Apple Sues Grocery Store

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kojima, for using their Apple logo in MGS4 without written express permission.

God, because the fruit commonly used in the stories about the Garden of Eden is an apple.

Orchards, for growing apples.

Apple Cider, for use of the name Apple.

Your parents for making home made Apple Pie. Apple does not approve of homebrew.

Reactions: 4 people

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I usually defend Apple but that is frivolous. I will still say most companies do these kinds of lawsuits. Case in point mcdonalds sues any small restaurant that uses Mc in their name. They sued a small fried chicken place in the bay for calling one of their items mac daddy.

I don't approve of this, but my opinion of Samsung stands and they deserve it.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kojima, for using their Apple logo in MGS4 without written express permission.

God, because the fruit commonly used in the stories about the Garden of Eden is an apple.

Orchards, for growing apples.

Apple Cider, for use of the name Apple.

Your parents for making home made Apple Pie. Apple does not approve of homebrew.
Ok I won't lie. The last one made me laugh as hell.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I usually defend Apple but that is frivolous. I will still say most companies do these kinds of lawsuits. Case in point mcdonalds sues any small restaurant that uses Mc in their name. They sued a small fried chicken place in the bay for calling one of their items mac daddy.

I don't approve of this, but my opinion of Samsung stands and they deserve it.
So a fast food outlet suing another fast food outlet is the same as a overpriced electronic thief "inventor" suing a grocery? Yeah that makes A LOT of sense.

Reactions: 1 person

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That is one of the reasons for why I dislike Apple. It's like Bethesda sueing Mojang for using the word "Scroll", except Apple does bullshit like this way too often.

Not only do they price their products for way more than they're worth and then heavily restrict what customers can do with them, they also are aggressively sueing left and right without having even a single legitimate reason to do so.
There were probably thousands of stores and other businesses around the world with the word "apple" in their name or an apple in their symbol long before these douchebags started thinking that a basic word in the english language suddenly belonged to them.
And on the other hand, quite a few of the things apple sold as an "invention" or a "revolutionary idea" had been done before as well, it's just that they got lucky and did not get sued.

It's like they're trying to produce negative publicity. It's like they're trying to make me hate them.

Do they think they can survive on those few million drooling fanboys who will buy anything they put out alone? At some point they, too, will become really pissed off, and because their ridiculous prices and pretentious attitude drive away the vast majority of potential customers they would be screwed. Why do corporations lack common sense?

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Way to make people associate apple with being a bully. I didn't think they'd stoop so low.
I did. After all, this is the company that feels that it is the center of attention. If anyone feels otherwise, Apple wants you to go f*** yourself and die. If Steve Jobs were still alive, he wouldn't even bother with this grocery store. THEY SELL APPLES!!! If anything, it looks like a cherry or an orange painted the color green.

Steve Jobs also have just talked to Samsung instead of flat-out suing them, but the people in charge of Apple only want money.

This scene from Uncle Buck reminds me of Apple (Apple = Uncle Buck):

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431192_459585410752822_514723253_n.jpg

Fitting in this case. Stop suing everything that moves, and has cash Apple.

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The store can claim the fruit in question is in fact a lime.

ZkJfW.jpg

...but seriously, this is retarded. Apple is like a hyperactive guard dog, barking not only at actual tresspassers, but at everyone in sight.

Shouldn't limewire instead of apple sue them? (I don't know if the company still exists who got the rights..)
But I do agree with everybody else about the stupidity...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Say hello to...

XLRJ9.jpg

...another Polish company using an apple in their logo. It was established way, way earlier than Apple Inc., obviously. The resemblance is remarkable.

If this goes through Polish courts, and I sincerely doubt that it will, as the case is stupid, I hope Tymbark counter-suits and *strips* Apple Inc. of their logo. I'm entirely serious here.

There are hundreds of companies that use apples in their logos - many are older than Apple Inc. That, and Fresh24.pl's logo doesn't necessarily have to be an apple - as it was mentioned before, it could just as well be a lime. Any green, round fruit, really.

As far as a.pl - the parent company is concerned, I'm a Polish person and I never thought of a connection to Apple at all. In fact, I believe the name was made to be simple and memorable, with no intention to fool around with a play on words.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-