ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
iFish said:
You can get any good iPod for under $300 (this being the smaller amount of memory)
iPod touch 4 8GB = $250 (CAD)
iPod nano whateverthenewestnodekgenerationitis 8GB = $150 (CAD)

So, it is only over $300 if you want more memory.
That in itself is ridiculous. It really shouldn't cost that much for what nowadays is a tiny amount of memory.

Also, actually talking about the display, I wonder how much of it means that they intend to make something using this technology and how much just means that if anyone else wants to they'll have to get permission first.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A new patent is just an old patent with some words spun around (or some tech specs elevated, in this case). I do believe that their glass-free screen patent did not involve touch capabilities? Or are the two distinctly separate technologies?

PS
Still waiting for Apple to fall... Darn it, Newton, what's taking so long???
ph34r.gif

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Reminds me of how they mad a patent to an icontrolpad-like device but with the 3DS. Lol.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
nando said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I'd gladly pay the extra $200 for a OS that doesn't suck.

i agree 100 percent. in fact i wouldn't just pay 200 for an OS that doesn't suck, i would pay 1000 dollars more for hardware design that doesn't suck... hence i'm a mac user.

on topic. apple will never do anything at the consumer level with 3d in the next 10 years. but then again, they were never gonna make a phone.

They were also never going to launch a music store
smileipb2.png

But, KingVamp.
I still don't see how that would be awesome? Your fingers would always be in the way on the 3D effect.
Like I say the sides of the touch screens are not 3D only the middle, the place you do not touch only touch the sides of the screen were the onscreen buttons are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT