Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
OSW said:
All is working well, everything launching from disk channel so IOSReload must be doing it's job
smile.gif

The combination i am now using and recommend is:
Preloader with IOSReload on, + cIOS30 installed (I got it from cioscorp pack, and i used channel file manager to install)

yay.gif

Congratulations mate, so you got it working with both your region and region free wii games?
No need to install anything else but the cIOS30.wad from cIOSCorp?

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
IOSReload will let you load backups from disk channel only if either

1. System menu is patched to run off cIOS
or
2. cIOS30 is installed (the only neccessary part from CIOSCORP).

Because I became too impatient, I installed cIOS30.

All is working well, everything launching from disk channel so IOSReload must be doing it's job
smile.gif

The combination i am now using and recommend is:
Preloader with IOSReload on, + cIOS30 installed (I got it from cioscorp pack, and i used channel file manager to install)

We kinda have been thinking about this to much. Disc channel loading could have been done with truballr and aquilino's pack. It's a little more of a tedious install in my opinion, but it gets the job done. The only thing I don't like is it loads the sysmenu from a copy on SD and not from NAND. It uses a dol you install and set to autoboot in preloader, which then runs a custom channel that loads sysmenu from SD and patches it.

QUOTE(KiiWii @ Feb 23 2009, 11:09 AM) nice work SilversurfR, but how did you figure this out? and is there a straight forward way to adjust/modify each value in this for PAL?

Is there, therefore, a way to modify those values to change which button to hold, and perhaps rather than recovery, boot something else?

Just wondering
smile.gif

KiiWii
Your asking the wrong person.

NOTE: This might get confusing, and BORING...
I didn't come up with values and offsets on my own, I just looked through the source for, ARC mod5 I think it was, to find out what it searches for and what it changes. So once I figured out what it was looking for, I opened up my sysmenu.app in a hex editor and searched for the same values. To figure out the offsets I looked through the source for ARCm5 and Wanin's MenuPatcher and matched up the common patches with the ones in hacks.ini. After enough matches and using windows calculator in hex mode, I was able to figure out the difference between the offsets in the hex editor and those used by Preloader. Then I just put in the values from the ARCm5 source. Not really as complicated as it sounds.

If you take a look at the difference between an NTSC and PAL hacks.ini, most, if not all the values are the same, the only thing that changes are the offsets.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m-tek said:
Am I reading this right??

You only need preloader(iosreloading enabled) and cIOS30(from cIOSCorp) installed to load from disc channel??

Yeah, that's correct. or read my last post, since Jan 19th it could have been done with aquilino's pack, sort of, his method runs a copy of the sysmenu.app (.apps are really just .dols) from SD and requires an installed dol in preloader as well as his menupatcher channel.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I never paid much attention to that pack. Interesting method.

It's kinda like the long way around, bypassing the need to install more cIOS's, but it's slower and less direct.

I never really liked the idea of replacing all my IOS's with CIOSCORP, but replacing cIOS30 ended up being the simplest and most effective option to me.

I had been thinking of doing it for a while, but I was originally going to wait for bootmii as an extra backup brick protection. I know that CIOS30 has been tested to install and work fine, however the risk i considered was the possibility of a failed install (Power surge etc).

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I don't understand why it wasn't written to load the sysmenu from /titles/00000001/00000002/1000004x.app instead of a renamed version from SD. *shrug* i guess there has to be a reason.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
including IOS Reload and cIOS30 (only) in SoftMii would cut the rar down to less than half the size it is now, as most of it is taken up by cIOS Corp....is there a IOS Reload for NTSC in H.I.C.?

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
including IOS Reload and cIOS30 (only) in SoftMii would cut the rar down to less than half the size it is now, as most of it is taken up by cIOS Corp....is there a IOS Reload for NTSC in H.I.C.?

Yeah... there should be now.

Edit: If not...
[IOS Reloading]
version=289
offset=0x81375D38
value=0x3B200001
offset=0x81375D3C
value=0x3B0000F9

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Although cioscorp has the one advantage that games use their original IOS, not just 249, and hence you can have different cIOSs for different games, meaning slightly higher compatability.

ps: that's just my understanding of it, correct me if I'm wrong.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OSW said:
Although cioscorp has the one advantage that games use their original IOS, not just 249, and hence you can have different cIOSs for different games, meaning slightly higher compatability.

ps: that's just my understanding of it, correct me if I'm wrong.
if you use this method games that need ios37 like rockband 2 wont work. maybe the games start but the usb instruments don't work because the "driver" is only available with ios37.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Just my 2 cents:

I was talking with Crediar about this stuff awhile ago, and when I asked exactly what the original System Menu was renamed too, he claimed that it varied between systems. So I wouldn't rely that it always starts with 1, etc.

QUOTE said:
load the systemmenu's main.dol from NAND
the main.dol becomes Preloader i thought
what did you rename it to?
depends on the systemmenu version
and no I don't know the names for all versions
hmm
but you must have some form of method to locate the menu after you rename it
you can look the name up in the TMD

I think the easiest solution would be some setting that was added to Preloader, which would specify what IOS you wished to use when loading anything. He didn't really get the point, so I didn't push the idea.

Maybe a useful exerpt:

QUOTE have you thought of adding an option to switching the IOS?
it would be useful in testing on different IOS modules
for what ?
so you could boot the menu in an alternate IOS for example
or a homebrew application
and why would you want to do that ?
all hombrew apps reload IOS on startup
hmm i guess so
except when you change the code
which I did
say you wanted to test the menu under a different IOS for to make sure it wouldn't brick
there's no way to alter the IOS patching in a hacks.ini patch format is there?
at least not a single offset patch
nope
preloader reads the IOS from the 1-2 TMD
if you change that it would load a different IOS for the systemmenu
that's probably a bit risky though...
yes

Loft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
re: BigEN

What I did to get NTSC games running on my Wii was to load Any Region Changer, then change the video/display mode to from PAL to NTSC (don't mess with anything else). Save it, then enable "Region Free Wii" in hacks.ini and you should be sorted. I didn't have to enable any of the Force Region or Disc Area checks.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
has anybody tried it vis-vis? changing ntsc wii to pal output to get all pal games working on a ntsc wii? and had any ntsc-titles problems afterwards?

BigEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Loft said:

What I did to get NTSC games running on my Wii was to load Any Region Changer, then change the video/display mode to from PAL to NTSC (don't mess with anything else). Save it, then enable "Region Free Wii" in hacks.ini and you should be sorted. I didn't have to enable any of the Force Region or Disc Area checks.

But what to do if the TV does not support NTSC?

Loft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your TV supports a PAL signal, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I could be completely wrong of course, but changing the output on my PAL machine to NTSC worked for me, so I fail to see why it wouldn't work the other way around.

I have no idea. My TV supports NTSC so I can't help you if yours doesn't.

CyberAxe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyberaxe.net
XP
Country
Great app, i have a couple of suggestions if thats ok

hack for 12 hour clock on pal menu / 24 hour clock on ntsc menu (if doable)

Update the help to difference between disk check region 1 and 2 (from what i read of FGOD's post it sounds like 1 is for PAL-50 and one is for PAL-60 i am using the first one so i'm assuming THAT is PAL-60)

Descriptions within the interface of what each option does would be usefull for the more cryptic options

add in the missing starfall options such as Recovery Via GC Y

thanks

chtchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SilverSurfR said:
I've been sitting on this for a week or two... don't think it's that important but for the sake of completeness (getting every option that was available in Starfall), I got the GC Y Recovery Mode (NTSC only) hack. It's rather long.

CODE
[Recovery Via GC Y]
version=289
offset=0x81374C4C
value=0x3C80CD00
offset=0x81374C50
value=0x80646404
offset=0x81374C54
value=0x80846408
offset=0x81374C58
value=0x74630800
offset=0x81374C5C
value=0x40A20008
offset=0x81374C60
value=0x48000008
offset=0x81374C64
value=0x3AC00001
offset=0x81374C68
value=0x60000000
offset=0x81374C6C
value=0x60000000
offset=0x81374C70
value=0x60000000
offset=0x81374C74
value=0x60000000
offset=0x81374C78
value=0x60000000
offset=0x81374C7C
value=0x60000000
offset=0x81374C80
value=0x60000000
offset=0x81374C84
value=0x60000000
I tested this, but this causes the recovery mode to load every time i boot up wii without press Y. I'm using 3.2U NTSC Wii... shouldnt be a problem...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far