cool.gif
http://xsreview.wordpress.com/2008/01/29/9/

D

Deleted User

OP
For all you lazy people who don't like to click on links:

System: Nintendo DS
Reviewer: James Forward
The Ace Attorney series has never failed to impress me. From the word go (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) to the third, recently released in America as Trials and Tribulations, I was hooked on each and every case from the ‘First Turnabout’ to the ‘Last Turnabout’. With the shocking news that Phoenix was not to be the main protagonist in the latest sequel, I didn’t know what to expect; was the new character going to have the same humour and wit? Was it going to retain the same playstyle? And more importantly was it going to be even a good game or just a collector’s piece…

And I knew my answer as soon as I played the first part of the first case. It is as brilliant as the first three, and retains the same style of humour. The thing which stood out the most was the re-done graphics and sprites for this game. The style is wonderful - the characters look, comparatively speaking, way more detailed.

The music sounds better than the first three too. Ok, maybe the other three had better jingles, but the quality overall has been raised a bar. I felt so nostalgic as I first heard, during the first trial; Hobo-Phoenix shout out “Objection!” and the original “Objection 2001? music but in much better quality. For those who didn’t know, Phoenix is back but not as the main protagonist for any of you die-hard fangirls/boys
wink.gif

Of course, in the Cross Examination; the trial parts of the game, you maintain your two normal ways of getting information out of the witnesses, press and present. Press means that you learn more information about that part of their testimony you’ve just heard - being a very useful way to ’slip someone up’ on their testimony. Present is to show evidence which shows contradicitions within the testimony and to reveal to the court why there is a contradiction.

Now however, there is a third option that you get during the first trial; the ‘perceive’ system - where Apollo uses his braceletto study people’s actions whilst they give their testimony, then you show to the court that they are lying by shouting “Gotcha!”

As with any other Phoenix Wright game, there exists an investigation section as well as a courtroom section. This is used to get information out of people about their past, relationships with the victim or your client, or other people, and then you piece together the clues to discover the truth.

Overall, yes, this game is as good as the other 3. Don’t let the fact Phoenix Wright isn’t the main attorney put you off - Apollo makes a brilliant new Ace Attorney, and a nice change to the series!

Overall: 92%

D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah, you can play without a stylus. It incorporates the same gameplay as Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. (Especially Rise from the Ashes)

D

Deleted User

OP
Oh yeah... lol

But during the main bits of the game, such as during court, normal talking to people that can use buttons as well. But yeah, you have to use the stylus at them points
tongue.gif

And there's a lot more than what was in Rise from the Ashes
wink.gif

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this review did a very good job... It didn't list any of the faults or issues of the game. And if it didn't have any, why wouldn't it get 100%?

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is the game I'm most excited about after Brawl!
Shame it's still a few weeks away...
frown.gif

Not far actually comes out on the 12th of February only 11 days away
happy.gif

The review is very average although I can't say much, reminds of a early Twilight Princess review which left you wondering if they had actually played it or not.

matrixteapot

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the game I'm most excited about after Brawl!
Shame it's still a few weeks away...
frown.gif

Not far actually comes out on the 12th of February only 11 days away
happy.gif

The review is very average although I can't say much, reminds of a early Twilight Princess review which left you wondering if they had actually played it or not.

Erm, that's the 19th.
And to whoever said there were spoilers, I didn't seem to find any major spoilers in the review
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool