Apollo - File Explorer for Nintendo Switch

Baner.png

Apollo is a File Explorer Homebrew for the Nintendo Switch. Its goal is to be the most convenient and reliable method to manage console's files.
Following the NX Homebrew Scene trend its name comes from Apollo - one of the Olympian deities, who is i.a. a god of music, truth, knowledge and protection of young.
It is also a reference to Apollo 11 - a spaceflight mission which allowed people to walk on the Moon.
Apollo is my first homebrew project, I hope you'll like it.

Overview
Apollo's current features are:

- Graphical User Interface: Minimalist design which is based on default hbmenu and official home menu esthetic.
- Selecting items: A simple but mandatory feature.
- Copying files and directories: Before doing so, application checks whether user is trying to overwrite currently existing files or directories and then asks about overwriting them.
- Recursive directory deletion: It allows for complete deletion of directories' content and obviously for file deletion.
- Renaming files and directories: Speaks for itself.
- Sorting items: Alphabetically or reversed.

Screenshots
main_screen.jpg

selecting_files.jpg

copying_files.jpg

sorting_and_help.jpg

Planned features
Planned features for the very next release:

- Moving files and directories
- Showing files and directories' information (size, permissions)
- Sorting files by size and reversed
- Remembering cursor's position while browsing between folders
- Viewing images
- Viewing text files
- Extracting .rar and .zip files
- Creating directories and files

Download

Credits

- devkitPro for providing toolchain.
- XorTroll for the amazing Plutonium which allowed Apollo to look like this and the Goldleaf which is a mine of knowledge.
- GilFerraz for his beautiful Miiverse UI concept which inspired me to create sidebar.
- Lucas Lacerda for his Nintendo Switch UI Concept.
- jaames for the nx-hbmenu mockup which helped me with the design.
- Nintendo for security <3.

Last edited by evo-brut3,

evo-brut3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
More options are always good, nice work. I'll check it out. I see viewing text files is planned, if you can integrate text editing you'll be onto a winner.
I will definitely look into this. My goal is to implement features that are most requested by the community, so any suggestions are welcomed.
+1 it must be the most requested feature, and ftp
I thought about ftp, but I don't know whether should I implement someone's code or code it myself. I'm also interested in the way that current ftp (for example ftpd) works 'cause it doesn't show japanese/chinese/korean signs and I'm curious if it is possible to support these languages.
I love that UI, it's pretty sleek
Thank you, half of the time which I spent on Apollo, I spent on the design.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Could you add a thumbnail view type? Selecting items in list view is a bit of a hassle for me.

Last edited by eyeliner,

evo-brut3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Could you add a thymbnail view type? Selecting items in list view is a bit of a hassle for me.
I planned to implement other view types (detailed list, bigger list and thumbnails) after accomplishing my current 'planned feature list', so yeah it should be done in 0.3 version

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I planned to implement other view types (detailed list, bigger list and thumbnails) after accomplishing my current 'planned feature list', so yeah it should be done in 0.3 version
Thank you. Simple thumbnail list should suffice.

stylo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second the USB storage access. I want to move files from a USB drive to my SD card.

Awesome job, this is one of those must have kind of apps.

345742D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, half of the time which I spent on Apollo, I spent on the design.
And it shows. Looks very nice, sleek and very Switch-like.

I'd agree, a text editor would be amazing. USB storage access would be nice as well. Keep a thumb drive of a bunch of roms/nsp's to load on the go would be a cheap alternative to SD cards.
Regardless, I'm keeping my eye on this one.

Knucklesfan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to actually replace NXShell for me and probably many others. No offence to the creator of NXShell, it's great, but I'm kinda getting sick and tired of it's clunky UI so this looks very promising! Keep it coming!!!

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I would love to access the sd card via usb connection, similar to gold tree usb install, but also to copy/move other files than nsp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over