Apollo - File Explorer for Nintendo Switch

Baner.png

Apollo is a File Explorer Homebrew for the Nintendo Switch. Its goal is to be the most convenient and reliable method to manage console's files.
Following the NX Homebrew Scene trend its name comes from Apollo - one of the Olympian deities, who is i.a. a god of music, truth, knowledge and protection of young.
It is also a reference to Apollo 11 - a spaceflight mission which allowed people to walk on the Moon.
Apollo is my first homebrew project, I hope you'll like it.

Overview
Apollo's current features are:

- Graphical User Interface: Minimalist design which is based on default hbmenu and official home menu esthetic.
- Selecting items: A simple but mandatory feature.
- Copying files and directories: Before doing so, application checks whether user is trying to overwrite currently existing files or directories and then asks about overwriting them.
- Recursive directory deletion: It allows for complete deletion of directories' content and obviously for file deletion.
- Renaming files and directories: Speaks for itself.
- Sorting items: Alphabetically or reversed.

Screenshots
main_screen.jpg

selecting_files.jpg

copying_files.jpg

sorting_and_help.jpg

Planned features
Planned features for the very next release:

- Moving files and directories
- Showing files and directories' information (size, permissions)
- Sorting files by size and reversed
- Remembering cursor's position while browsing between folders
- Viewing images
- Viewing text files
- Extracting .rar and .zip files
- Creating directories and files

Download

Credits

- devkitPro for providing toolchain.
- XorTroll for the amazing Plutonium which allowed Apollo to look like this and the Goldleaf which is a mine of knowledge.
- GilFerraz for his beautiful Miiverse UI concept which inspired me to create sidebar.
- Lucas Lacerda for his Nintendo Switch UI Concept.
- jaames for the nx-hbmenu mockup which helped me with the design.
- Nintendo for security <3.

Last edited by evo-brut3,

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any news about this?
Don't know what you're planning, but since it's taking so long I think it would be a good idea to fix input on 9.0.0+ in the meantime

oMen86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have downloaded this via the HB App Store and every time I open it none of the controls works and I can't do anything. The screen isn't frozen as I can see the seconds on the clock ticking by.
Any idea what may be causing this?

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have downloaded this via the HB App Store and every time I open it none of the controls works and I can't do anything. The screen isn't frozen as I can see the seconds on the clock ticking by.
Any idea what may be causing this?
Use a different homebrew. Apollo has not seen any changes on github in a over a year. OP has not been active on this site since starting this thread a year ago.

Frok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It crashes my Atmosphere (17.0.1) on launch in applet mode, and close on launch with an error in normal way. :\
I guess it's a dead project.
There should be a way to report not working apps to the HB App Store manager, so he can remove the useless apps.

Is there any good alternative? I'm currently using Goldleaf and XN-Shell, but they're not really pratical.

Last edited by Frok,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It crashes my Atmosphere (17.0.1) on launch in applet mode, and close on launch with an error in normal way. :\
I guess it's a dead project.
There should be a way to report not working apps to the HB App Store manager, so he can remove the useless apps.

Is there any good alternative? I'm currently using Goldleaf and XN-Shell, but they're not really pratical.
1) you necroed a thread from 4 years ago for a question that could have been answered in the noob thread

2) the code of the app hasn't been touched in 5 years

3) instead of asking if there's any alternative, maybe say what your trying to accomplish. Because there are apps that do similar things with different outcomes.

If you just looking for a file explorer, dbi with a computer is the best combo

Reactions: BigOnYa

Frok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) you necroed a thread from 4 years ago for a question that could have been answered in the noob thread

2) the code of the app hasn't been touched in 5 years

3) instead of asking if there's any alternative, maybe say what your trying to accomplish. Because there are apps that do similar things with different outcomes.

If you just looking for a file explorer, dbi with a computer is the best combo

Well, I didn't noticed it was so old after I wrote my comment. I came here from a Google search. :)

I'm just looking for a good file manager to work with files, like making backups of save games, or edit the Edizon codes text files and similar. I know I can do it from a computer (and I use that for massive files copies), but I'd like something simple and easy to use on the Switch itself.
So far I tried NX-Shell and Goldleaf. The latter one is very good, but I was wondering if there is something a bit more complex, like with "duplicate" files or autoscroll of long lists of files (in both apps every button press is one scroll up or down), or a way to edit text files.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I didn't noticed it was so old after I wrote my comment. I came here from a Google search. :)

I'm just looking for a good file manager to work with files, like making backups of save games, or edit the Edizon codes text files and similar. I know I can do it from a computer (and I use that for massive files copies), but I'd like something simple and easy to use on the Switch itself.
So far I tried NX-Shell and Goldleaf. The latter one is very good, but I was wondering if there is something a bit more complex, like with "duplicate" files or autoscroll of long lists of files (in both apps every button press is one scroll up or down), or a way to edit text files.
For on switch, just file management. Dbi, nx-shell and goldleaf are your best options besides using tegraexplorer (its a payload like hekate, Lockpick_rcm, etc) I don't know how versatile it is since I don't really use it myself. But there's are scripts for it. It's just not as "nice" as the homebrew apps mentioned before.

As for text editors, I think dbi does text editing but I don't remember. The only other application I can think of is vgedit+

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.