• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

AKUBRA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Barda, you are an absolute BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@barda12 have you figured out what the Sword Saint Earring, Barrage Earring, or Falcon Feather codes are? Those are 3 i need so badly.
Iam trying to get the hayabusa feather myself. iv done all the quest and its not poping for me. think its because i clicked the unlock all rewards. can you help me plz

xReinekex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
to my own post: i figured the mistake out on m own and it works to adjust the hr now.
to the Hayabusa feather i don't know about the item ID yet but you could simply install the "all quest complete" thing to your savedata then just talk to the i think kokoto chief he will give it to you on the last conversation...I'm gonna post the ID too if i figure it out

Zabrios

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I have some help?

Two days ago I got MHX as a digital copy and wanted to give me some items because I already played 4U to an enormous extent and didn't feel like grinding.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong everytime I edit my save. If I change my money when I load it with JKSM the game crashes when I start it. If I edit only the amount of items I have in my box to 99, the game crashes. If I give me a weapon (that I can buy IG) for testing, the game crashes.

Do I need to do something special in order to make it work? I don't really know what's wrong and it's starting to get quite frustrating. I go into JKSM, export ExtData, take it to my computer, open the system with the editor, save it, replace the old system with the new one, open JKSM again and import this ExtData and then start the game, but it just crashes with the message "'An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart.".

Thanks in advance and sorry if I'm trouble.

AKUBRA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to my own post: i figured the mistake out on m own and it works to adjust the hr now.
to the Hayabusa feather i don't know about the item ID yet but you could simply install the "all quest complete" thing to your savedata then just talk to the i think kokoto chief he will give it to you on the last conversation...I'm gonna post the ID too if i figure it out
where can i get this. i already used the the 100% award. And iam pretty sure thats what blocking the quest from poping up

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how everyone seems to be so very blind and can't look at the TWO giant lists compiled in the first post, one being equipment in general, another being armor itself; From those lists:
Takami Feather

Hayabusa Feather

Kakuju Feather

Sword Saint Earring

Barrage Earring

@Zabrios make a new save, yours is obviously corrupted, and try editing that new one. The only other thing I can think of, is that it's getting corrupt when you transfer it between the PC in which is the fault of the SD reader.

Zabrios

Trophies
XP
Country
@Zabrios make a new save, yours is obviously corrupted, and try editing that new one. The only other thing I can think of, is that it's getting corrupt when you transfer it between the PC in which is the fault of the SD reader.

Do you mean making a new game and deleting my current character?

Zabrios

Trophies
XP
Country
No no, like backup your save again in JKSV and only if that doesn't work, export your character and import that character into a new game.
I exported 4 times my save to test things out. Out of the 4, 3 gave error when trying to open them with the editor. Like some kind of 2^31 -1 offset error or some thing that I don't really know what it is. I'm afraid to edit the only one that works.

Edit, I just deleted all my saves and stuff directly from MHGen, made a new Save, exported it, added 50 potions with the editor and imported it and the same error happens. I think I'm going to give up on this.

Last edited by Zabrios,

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know JKSV hasn't been touched in more than 6 months, so maybe there's some unforeseen error in special cases for MHX/Gen; Can you try exporting your save via MHX Data Manager by Svanheulen, and see if that exports a good save?

If that still doesn't work, then it has to be the card reader that is screwing up your data and FTPd might be your only option to transfer data.

Zabrios

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I know JKSV hasn't been touched in more than 6 months, so maybe there's some unforeseen error in special cases for MHX/Gen; Can you try exporting your save via MHX Data Manager by Svanheulen, and see if that exports a good save?

If that still doesn't work, then it has to be the card reader that is screwing up your data and FTPd might be your only option to transfer data.

MHXData seems faulty, I guess. I extracted the 3dsx one and the cia one and the latest won't be installed by FBI and the first won't appear @ homebrew launcher

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no more ideas then sorry, because I have both MHX Data Manager and JKSV and both work perfectly fine, latest versions and all.

beanmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help diagnosing the problem with my palico's support moves. It just keeps resetting when I enter a quest.

I got my palico completely validated through the checker and he's level 50, I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. I made sure the learned action/skill rngs was correct for the support moves and such.

Edit: Nvm figured it out...my "learned move" (emergency escape) wasn't in the last slot.

Last edited by beanmo,

GunFlameFRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I attempted to change my hair color by inputting the color code FFFFFF, but nothing happened when I loaded the game after putting the save back in my SD.

Am I doing something wrong?

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course. Lol

Everything else works just fine, I just can't get the hair alterations to work.

You'd be surprised how many people forget to import. You're right, changing your hair color doesn't work, as soon as the game loads it just corrects it back to what it was previously. I'm guessing it only accepts values from the ingame color palette? (it's been a long time since I've created a character lol)

GunFlameFRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd be surprised how many people forget to import. You're right, changing your hair color doesn't work, as soon as the game loads it just corrects it back to what it was previously. I'm guessing it only accepts values from the ingame color palette? (it's been a long time since I've created a character lol)
I made the mistake of not changing the hair color when I made a new character, so I wanted to change it.

I guess I'm SoL

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the mistake of not changing the hair color when I made a new character, so I wanted to change it.

I guess I'm SoL

Actually, the editor isn't pointing to the correct location when changing hair color, so you can export your character with the APM Character Exporter and change it by hand in hex (@ 0x280 - 4 bytes long). BUT. It changes the hair color on your character before you load, except it changes it back to the one you selected originally when you load your save. (So it's pointless)

So the question is whether or not we can find the "originally selected color" placement in the save. I'll look into it.

Last edited by Wrathalos,

GunFlameFRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the editor isn't pointing to the correct location when changing hair color, so you can export your character with the APM Character Exporter and change it by hand in hex (@ 0x280 - 4 bytes long). BUT. It changes the hair color on your character before you load, except it changes it back to the one you selected originally when you load your save. (So it's pointless)

So the question is whether or not we can find the "originally selected color" placement in the save. I'll look into it.
Thanks dood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious