• Views 1,295,507
  • Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
From people's rooms, sure, if you use it stupidly, like a HR385 that doesn't know how to fight a Deviant. From MHGen online in general? No one has been banned so far, and if it's anything like MH4U, you'd only get a shadow (until you fix your items/equip) ban for using stuff you shouldn't be using (afaik japanese DLC and such)
Never in my life have i heard of people being banned in Monster Hunter or even shadow banned. It pretty much does not exist. Mind telling me where you got your information about the shadow bans? Because in the case that your information is false, then what you are doing is pretty much Fear mongering. Not intentional in your part but it is what it is.

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In MH4U you could never go online or do quests with certain items (too high damage Relic Weapons, Hidden weapons, a couple Japanese DLC items, etc.), thus shadowbanned aka temp ban. I expect it to be the same system in MHGen, would you not?

Sources: Monster Hunter, FFEX, Fire Emblem games, Old way Nintendo badge arcade used to handle it, pretty much most of the games do this.

EDIT: Don't know a better way to describe a shadowban besides "change your items/equips and you can go online/on quests again"?

Last edited by Wrathalos,

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
In MH4U you could never go online or do quests with certain items (too high damage Relic Weapons, Hidden weapons, a couple Japanese DLC items, etc.), thus shadowbanned aka temp ban. I expect it to be the same system in MHGen, would you not?

Sources: Monster Hunter, FFEX, Fire Emblem games, Old way Nintendo badge arcade used to handle it, pretty much most of the games do this.

EDIT: Don't know a better way to describe a shadowban besides "change your items/equips and you can go online/on quests again"?

Lol, doesnt seem like your very informed because thats not banning or shadow banning. The game has internal hardcoded checks that make sure things are working right. If you breach those checks in MH4U with weapons doing insane damage or try to use the paid DLC weapons (they scrapped the idea but the weapons are still ingame and are OP), you wont be able to join quests, online or offline. You can however go on expedition quests with hacked equipment. However this doesnt appy to relic weapons and thats why there are still OP relic weapons doing 20k damage in MH4U today.

MHGen doesnt have that system anymore but instead a better and improved system. Now, if you edit in an item that breaches the internal checks in MHGen, then the item is simply turned into a dummy item. This also includes charms now which MH4U system did not. This means that if an item is not turned into a dummy by the game, then the game considers it as "legal". This includes japanese DLC items that have still not been released in MHGen as of yet.

There is also nothing moderating the game for both online and offline meaning that its pretty much impossible to get banned from online. Even if you use NTR plugins for MHGen (infinte HP and stamina and one-shoting monsters) online, nothing will happen.

I also dont know what you mean by "pretty much most of the games do this.", what games are you talking about and what do they do?

Also for Nintendo badge arcade, they have a moderating service that checks for purchases. Thats why its very easy to get banned from that. And i dont know what your talking about for Fire Emblem. Have you not seen online? The Top 100 players ALL have hacked illegal units with illegal skills and it has been like that since release date for the game and nothing has happend but a statement from Nintendo saying dont accept hacked units or your save file gets corrupted (Which is pure bullshit and fear mongering). Its safe to say that Fire Emblem also has NO form of online moderation.

Last edited by Jesus10101,

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, doesnt seem like your very informed because thats not banning or shadow banning. The game has internal hardcoded checks that make sure things are working right. If you breach those checks in MH4U with weapons doing insane damage or try to use the paid DLC weapons (they scrapped the idea but the weapons are still ingame and are OP), you wont be able to join quests, online or offline. You can however go on expedition quests with hacked equipment. However this doesnt appy to relic weapons and thats why there are still OP relic weapons doing 20k damage in MH4U today.

MHGen doesnt have that system anymore but instead a better and improved system. Now, if you edit in an item that breaches the internal checks in MHGen, then the item is simply turned into a dummy item. This also includes charms now which MH4U system did not. This means that if an item is not turned into a dummy by the game, then the game considers it as "legal". This includes japanese DLC items that have still not been released in MHGen as of yet.

There is also nothing moderating the game for both online and offline meaning that its pretty much impossible to get banned from online. Even if you use NTR plugins for MHGen (infinte HP and stamina and one-shoting monsters) online, nothing will happen.

I also dont know what you mean by "pretty much most of the games do this.", what games are you talking about and what do they do?

Also for Nintendo badge arcade, they have a moderating service that checks for purchases. Thats why its very easy to get banned from that. And i dont know what your talking about for Fire Emblem. Have you not seen online? The Top 100 players ALL have hacked illegal units with illegal skills and it has been like that since release date for the game and nothing has happend but a statement from Nintendo saying dont accept hacked units or your save file gets corrupted (Which is pure bullshit and fear mongering). Its safe to say that Fire Emblem also has NO form of online moderation.

I think the person got my point... So I was told misleading information, no need to attack me like this, shit man calm down. Go be a dick to someone else that's not trying to help.

ZonEnder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first you need to install basehax... since from what you tell... i guess you're not updating your ds yet? menuhax still working? i will make a video to youtube in this few day...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you mean that when you access homebrew by oras how u pull the oras catridge off and put the mhx catridge in to get the extdata?
for my case... i would install basehax before update to 11.1 and then update it and intall steelhax

when you got your steelhax.. you are no longer need your base hax to open homebrew anymore... you can take out your pokemon oras and put your mhx catridge in and just use the steelhax to access homebrew to do everything...

i was busy working this few day... i will upload a video about how to install steelhax in this weekend...
i try my best..
Yeah I didnt know I needed another DS on a lower frimware with homebrew on it, then load the needed software on ORAS then pop it into the the DS thats updated. I'm still unclear on how to do it. Thank you for the reply; a video would be most helpful thank you.

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the person got my point... So I was told misleading information, no need to attack me like this, shit man calm down. Go be a dick to someone else that's not trying to help.
At not one point in my comments i went out of my way to "attack you" (i dont even know you). If my comments came as "attacking" you, then i will apologise since that was NOT my intent. As you said, you was spreading false information that was creating in order to scare people away from save editing/hacking. I just simply corrected you and the points you made. If anything, your being a dick to me with that response.

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip- No point in arguing, since I'm not intelligent enough to get my facts straight (even though they are now that I looked it all up again) in your opinion.

dendoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with my Palico edit, please.
You need read the istruction at page 21 carefully. For example you set action and skill RNG to 000D and 000B (that include only skill and action "value 1") and you put, for example, attack up (L), healt up (L), critical up (L), guard (L) (all in "value 2" table). Also you include in the "general" action piercing boomerang and emergy retreat. These two action are forte innate action, and you can only insert in the last slot (learned action/skill) or in the second slot (forte innate n°2 skill)

Reactions: Wrathalos

x3YukiLuix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yeah I didnt know I needed another DS on a lower frimware with homebrew on it, then load the needed software on ORAS then pop it into the the DS thats updated. I'm still unclear on how to do it. Thank you for the reply; a video would be most helpful thank you.

u can install basehax on 11.0 firmware... as long as your device is not update and u still can acess homebrew by menuhax... you can still install the basehax and choose new/old 11.1.0-34U...(u can search google on how to install basehax on 3ds 11.0) and then only you update you device...

and after you update your device...

check on my video in youtube

Last edited by x3YukiLuix,

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried the editor and my stuff saved but i noticed my hunters horn never changed its notes from white /blue/ green to red purple, etc. Is this a bug or can ibdo something to correct that?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried the editor and my stuff saved but i noticed my hunters horn never changed its notes from white /blue/ green to red purple, etc. Is this a bug or can ibdo something to correct that?
the only way to change the notes on a MHGen hunting horn is to (1) use a different hunting horn or (2) upgrade it enough

DudeBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried going off the 3 step instructions but I don't know how to use save managers, I haven't been able to find walkthroughs on that part. Every place I look talks about HomeBrew not SaveDataFiler or JK Save Manager.
if you've already installed the homebrew onto your ds and have jk's sm (save manager) on it;
get on your 3ds,
open your homebrew (assuming you know how), insert mhgen cartridge, scroll down and open jk's sm,
select mhgen, observe and appreciate brief spasm of your upper screen, select extra data, select export data,
return all the way to the homebrew's main menu, pull out your sd card, insert sd card into computer,
open sd card folder, open jksv folder, open ext data folder, open mhgen folder, copy jk sdm folder,
paste onto somewhere else like desktop or w/e, open save editor program, select menu, select load,
find that jk sdm file you copied and pasted onto wherever you put it, select "system" file,
go nuts on save editor, select menu, select save but save it onto the "system" file in your jk sdm folder in your sd card,
close save editor program, safely eject sd card from computer, insert sd card back into your 3ds,
reopen jk's sm, select mhgen, observe and appreciate brief spasm of your upper screen, select extra data,
select import data...
voila.
if you havent installed homebrew or if any of the above is useless to you, message me or something

Last edited by DudeBro,

mariorqs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a strange crash issue but only when i switch to gunner mode. I was thinking it was the weapons i put in but it crashes when i just buy a gun and equip it. I also switched the gender. Any idea what the cause may be?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a strange crash issue but only when i switch to gunner mode. I was thinking it was the weapons i put in but it crashes when i just buy a gun and equip it. I also switched the gender. Any idea what the cause may be?
change the gender setting on your guild card too. that should fix it

DudeBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well bros, like the dumbo i am, i updated my 3ds from 11.0 to 11.1.0-34u and now i cannot launch the homebrew.
Any advices??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y