• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

zer0ish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone is interested in certain weapons I figured out a way to get what you want with out crafting it using the numbers. All "i.e." will be Hammer related.
1. Download android app MHG Database (No clue if iPhone has it or if it works the same with it)
2. Open MHG Database
3. Select the weapons category you want (i.e. Hammer)
This is the important part, being able to count is needed.
Every Weapon has a colour to it.
4. Count the coloured sections until you get to the section corresponding to your weapon. (i.e. Qadar Sedition 3)
5. The number you counter (i.e. 32) is the "Item ID".
6. The "Level" is the number beside it. (i.e. 3) or count the section the weapon is in, in the colour its in. (i.e. 3rd in the purple)

I've tried it with Hammers and Bows and works perfectly. It works with armour too. Not sure if there's an easier way to find "ID / Level" but this worked for me.

--------------------------------------

Also, those having issues with Copied Palicos.
Make sure you deselect the Palico you are copying from the Palico list before using the Editor. Otherwise the Palico will be Active and unusable.

---------------------------------------

For those with N3DSXL on 11.0.0-33
This is still working to Homebrew.
YouTube Vid

Last edited by zer0ish,

PureFury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright guys, I need photos of monster log at guild card that has slay or capture all monsters
there are 8 pages of monster log at guild card.

my save data hasn't reach that level, so it only show ????
I need the list for complete my offsets

Well, this has 7 pages of killed monsters, the ones that hasn't been killed yet ARE AS FOLLOWS, Drilltusk Tetsucabra (after Tetsucabra), Deadeye Yian Garuga (after Yian Garuga), Crystal beared Uragaan (after Uragaan), Dreadking Rathalos (after Silver Rathalos), Grimeclaw Tigrex (its the ??? after tigrex), Kirin (after Grimclaw Tigrex), Rajang (after Shagaru Magala), Furious Rajang (after Rajang), and Savage Deviljho (After Deviljho). I hope this helps!

Attachments

• WP_20160806_001.jpg
    WP_20160806_001.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 268
  • WP_20160806_002.jpg
    WP_20160806_002.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 273
  • WP_20160806_003.jpg
    WP_20160806_003.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 292
  • WP_20160806_004.jpg
    WP_20160806_004.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 236
  • WP_20160806_005.jpg
    WP_20160806_005.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 232
  • WP_20160806_006.jpg
    WP_20160806_006.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 284
  • WP_20160806_007.jpg
    WP_20160806_007.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 377
Reactions: have_full

saxon48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After using the import item list feature from the link in the FAQ ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-38#post-6540003 ), I am unable to upgrade existing pieces of hunter armor in my equipment box, as well as being unable to craft pretty much all of the palico armor/weapons, even after moving the required items directly to my pouch, as others have suggested.

Any thoughts as to why I am having this issue? We're talking pages and pages of weapons + armor, not just endgame stuff.

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
After using the import item list feature from the link in the FAQ ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-38#post-6540003 ), I am unable to upgrade existing pieces of hunter armor in my equipment box, as well as being unable to craft pretty much all of the palico armor/weapons, even after moving the required items directly to my pouch, as others have suggested.

Any thoughts as to why I am having this issue? We're talking pages and pages of weapons + armor, not just endgame stuff.
Did you put the items back into the item box after moving them to your pouch?

Vithimiris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone happen to have the item ID's of the Decorations? I noticed it in the tool. They seem to have ID's. Would be nice to gem in a weapon beforehand. If anyone has it, or know where it is on this thread let me know. Thanks.

have_full

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally monster log offsets is complete.

find link file for offsets list.

note for @APM :
- this is system file offset, not guild card.bin offset
- first offset belong to Rathian and the last one belong to Great Maccao, all of kill, capture and crown come with same order
- from kill offset to capture offset only slightly different, example, rathian kill offset 00111D03 and her capture offset is 00111DE3
- There's extra offset for some monsters, rajang and deviljho, just choose one of them

and thanks for everyone who was helping

https://mega.nz/#!8NM3mSwL!Jodho8yZgDsiF6d-eEEChFxeF8kSLOVNdIXYYRXUcGA

Attachments

• IMG_5507.JPG
    IMG_5507.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_5508.JPG
    IMG_5508.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_5509.JPG
    IMG_5509.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_5510.JPG
    IMG_5510.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_5511.JPG
    IMG_5511.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_5512.JPG
    IMG_5512.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_5513.JPG
    IMG_5513.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_5514.JPG
    IMG_5514.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by have_full,

namlas87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Finally monster log offsets is complete.

find link file for offsets list.

note for APM:
- this is system file offset, not guild card.bin offset
- first offset belong to Rathian and the last one belong to Great Maccao, all of kill, capture and crown come with same order
- from kill offset to capture offset only slightly different, example, rathian kill offset 00111D03 and her capture offset is 00111DE3
- There's extra offset for some monsters, rajang and deviljho, just choose one of them

and thanks for everyone who was helping

https://mega.nz/#!8NM3mSwL!Jodho8yZgDsiF6d-eEEChFxeF8kSLOVNdIXYYRXUcGA

You and the others who helped you are awesome! thx for doing this, now we can all wait for APM to update the change log ^.^

Reactions: have_full

JamesyPoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really guys, from all us leeches here who have just been sponging off all your hard work, I think we all really appreciate what you guys are doing.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume we already know 0x104-10d on palicos will always be FF. I think I know why, however: these bytes come immediately after the weapon/head/body equipment bytes. Judging by the number of pairs, these are essentially the unused/unavailable arms/waist/legs/talisman slots.

I haven't had much time to work on it, but from this I suspect the palico features offsets may parallel the player's. @APM or whoever: try taking the offsets for the eyes/hair/voice/etc. for the player (relative to the firs letter of the name) and check that against an exported palico. If I'm right, those same relative offsets should roughly match up with the palico's eyes/ears/voice/tail/etc. (I'm not sure where to look those up at the moment so i cant check immediately)

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u dont mind can u tell me how to fix missing craftables after applying Unlock all palico gear.... and it wont let me craft some of the gear from there as well (in game)... @APM (img wouldnt upload correctly so here's the screenshot of the broken palico armor craftables or so) https://gyazo.com/e8574e85402e7f42666bd2b962364565
Use the transpurrtor method that's described in the FAQs. The blanks are items that have been removed by Capcom in the localization, so you can just ignore those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s