Spooky_Spooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys.
Im a complete scrub regarding this.
Would be superb if someone could help me out with this.
I just hombrewed my N3DS 11-00-33E using oothax.
Can somone explain how to use JK? and/ or anything else?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stuck on a stage of RedNAND, and not been able to find a way to fix it.
Trying to do part 7 of this guide, https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND) and when I do I keep getting File starter.bin was not found Continuing without autostep and it just stops. and will not let me hit A just stays at 0%
I think sometimes it just takes more than 1 attempt. Keep opening it. I remember taking me a shit load of attempts trying to downgrade.

GhostOfOblivion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just gets a little frustrating lol, 5 times so far. It just keeps saying continuing without autosetup then you may now switch the sd card, The inserted SD card will be formatted, and I don't see that part in the guide.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just gets a little frustrating lol, 5 times so far. It just keeps saying continuing without autosetup then you may now switch the sd card, The inserted SD card will be formatted, and I don't see that part in the guide.
5 Times is nothing compared to the amount of attempts with the first downgrading tool lol. It was a highish brick rate apparently and I still went for it.

whats the point of edit talisman? there is a way to change skill and such?
Well you can export the talisman to a .eqp and just hex edit the skills you want or something. I Don't know all the rules for it

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@APM the "Export Charms" thing is locked on the editor. How can we export them?
Soon(tm) once I get a list of skills

So has the Guild Card Values been figured out?
(# of times Monster Killed, Content Cleared Badges, Monster Size Value)
I hadn't have any time to look for them. I barely touched the game too.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by APM,

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to edit the palicos without unnequiping skills and moves!

To the people with problems, just make sure to follow Etesy post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/page-21#post-6536347

Created an Assist palico with:

Poison Purr-ision
Emergency Retreat
Mini Barrel Bombay
Herb Horn
Shock Purr-ision
Flash Bombay
Big Boomerangs
Soothing Roll
Dung Bombay

Following the group values, the moves have the following values (starting in Shock Purr-ision, since the others always should be on an assist palico):
3 2 1 1 1
So the Action RNG should be 050A.

Skills:

Monsterdar
Pro Trapper
Earplugs
Atk Up L
Boomerang Pro
Critical Up S
Negate Wind
Stamina Drain

Again following the group values (starting in Earplugs):
2 2 1 1 1 1
So the Skill RNG should be 0109.

The trick is to always follow the value patterns on Etesy's post and choose the moves/skills acordingly.
Then you get the final value (like 2 2 1 1 1 1 for example) and check the RNG value.

Thats it!

emojiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, start off going here: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Download the Homebrew Starter Kit and unzip it into the root of your 3DS SD card. It will put a file in the root and make a 3DS folder with other stuff.
Remember to unzip the contents of the Starter folder, not the folder itself.

Also get JK's Save Manager: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
Again, unzip it to the root and it will put everything where needed. Same as before, you want the contents, not the folder it's all in in the zip.

Assuming you're using Ocarina of Time, you need: https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

Now, put your OoT in your Powersaves and back up your save.
It goes in C:/Users/<Your User Name>/PowerSaves

On http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ use the Otherapp/robpin tool. Put in your system type (old or new) and the version. Hit download ropbin. It will give you a file, you don't need to save it, just keep it up for reference.
In the zip for the OoT hack, there will be a couple of folders with PowerSaves files. There's two sets, I used the bottom. You may have to try the other if it doesn't work. Go to the folder for the country your system is for, and in it find the file that matches the ropbin file that you have for reference.

Copy that file to the directory of your PowerSaves backups. Copy the name of the backup you had made, then delete/rename it, and paste the name as the new name for the file you grabbed from the OoT folder.
Then when you load up PowerSaves, you restore that file back to the cart.

Then, with your SD card back in your system, load up OoT on your 3DS. Hit A to get to the start, load up the hacked save, and when everything is loaded on screen in the game, hit A. This will boot the Homebrew.

Once in the Homebrew, put your MHG cart in, and go down the list to JK's save program. Select ExtraData, and export. Give it a name and export it.
Now you can pop your SD card in your computer, and run the MHG editor and just load up the exported file, which will be under the SD:/JKSV/ExtData/<Game Name>/<Save Name you choose>

Once you're done, save, then pop the SD back in and just do the same, except Import the extradata.

And you're done.

so i followed your guide and did everything exactly as said. but when i boot up the OoT and open up home brew it starts for like a few secs than crashed with this error. i know i placed all the files in the correct place because homebrew loaded up and Oot was able to open the save file and execute homebrew. ive also tried both files with the .bin in the powersaves. i know that it isn't the first file's because its .sav files.i was wondering if you knew why or encountered this problem?

Attachments

• 13669847_1735771906671932_5728008436202358546_n.jpg
    13669847_1735771906671932_5728008436202358546_n.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 374

GhostOfOblivion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
figured out my problem with the RedNAND lol, not enough coffee, I was just hitting the a button and not following all the commands... And its 3pm already

Spooky_Spooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i did every step.
but jk doesnt open up any features when ever i try to plug in a game and save/export.
it just says its not supported or something.

GhostOfOblivion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i followed your guide and did everything exactly as said. but when i boot up the OoT and open up home brew it starts for like a few secs than crashed with this error. i know i placed all the files in the correct place because homebrew loaded up and Oot was able to open the save file and execute homebrew. ive also tried both files with the .bin in the powersaves. i know that it isn't the first file's because its .sav files.i was wondering if you knew why or encountered this problem?
What version are you on? You need to download the proper OoT for it to work, the top one is for the newer stuff, middle is like 10.2 and last one works with the 9. stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to... +1