• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

DragLeben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the guide, I'll add it to the OP

Regarding the palico look editor, I'll add if if anyone knows the offset and stuff for it
Is it possible to change these pattern values instead of the Actions/Skills RNG?
I'm honestly confused by those, they all have the same RNG numbers for all my Palicoes, but my cats all have different skills and skill patterns.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to change these pattern values instead of the Actions/Skills RNG?
I'm honestly confused by those, they all have the same RNG numbers for all my Palicoes, but my cats all have different skills and skill patterns.
No clue

JamesyPoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright. I have a tentative list of items (see attached txt file) that (1) are not useless and (2) shouldn't disappear if taken on quests. Seeing as I only have acess to 12 boxes in-game right now, I'm uber not sure about anything after the Prime Redhelm Scraps (especially the last few items which I presume are DLC items). I still need to double check most things in boxes 1-12 for any account/supply items I may have missed as my documentation was a little lacking (and I was focused on getting the pack-rat guide before actually putting these in my game).

A couple of notes:
I removed the following items numbers (in decimal, not hex) due to being unsure what they were/them having unknown item markings. I'll test them later to make sure they're useless before completely writing them off:
92,131-205,1364-1367,1556-1658,1661-1663,1889,1890,1907,1908

everything past item #1932 (Arthur's Armor) showed unknown item, so I'm assuming they're all not valid items or are dummied out
I also removed a few lower tier items (like Demondrug) while leaving the stronger variants (like Mega Demondrug). Aside form these and the account/supply items, all items needed for crafting/combining should still be there.

As I stated above: Charms and shards disappear on quest start like account items/supply items/0 quantity inventory entries, so they are not included.

I'll update with a final version of the list when I finish testing everything, which should be tomorrow night (as pertains to EST)
Thanks for this by the way, very useful :)

freshmint224

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, just want to know if the HR editor is working? I tried to replicate my 1st save data into my 2nd save data as I didn't want the unlock all equipment and stuff. I copied my item box and equipment box without an issue but my HR keeps bouncing back to HR1. I copied everything as per my save data 1, ign, playtime, currency. Just the HR doesnt match up at the moment

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't finish that urgent after hr 8 or something then you can't change your HR.

red_cloud0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, I spent like 6-7 hours last night testing Palico edits and confirming how everything works so I could write a guide in the morning and woke up to you already having done it lol. great work!

Anyway, info looks spot-on and matches up to what I found out ingame. One important note on Palico editing just because it's not explained in full in your post:

The hex values next to each combination of skills (000D, 010B, 020A, etc) are meant to be entered into the last 4 slots under the learned skills section. If the skill combination you put in for the palico does not match the hex value of the skill combination, then the game deems it invalid and unequips all palico actives/passives on quest entry. The format for learned skill section is basically:

The first several are the skill values for your palico passive skills (in order from top to bottom)
0 (this marks the end of your palico skill list)
77 (empty skill slot)
77 (repeats for each slot left until the last 4)
Hex value #1 for active skill
Hex value #2 for active skill
Hex value #1 for passive skill
Hex value #2 for passive skill

Thus, for example, let's say the skill setup I want for my palico is 2/2/2/1/1 for active skills, and 3/2/1/1/1 for passive skills. The hex values for that are 020A for the active setup, and 0508 for the passive setup. Thus, the last 4 slots for my palico should be:

in that order (0A = 10)

As long as the last 4 slot values match the skill setup for your active/passives, the game will consider your palico legit and you won't have any issues with skills.

As a side note, I'm not sure what effect the "RNG" values for palicos has, but it appears to be determined based on the original account that the palico comes from since all of the values for my palicos are the same. It doesn't appear to have any effect on palico validation so you can just ignore it, copy it from an existing palico, or just edit an existing palico if you're really worried about it.

Reactions: DragLeben

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah crap, just remembered someone asked me to make this for them...

Small update: v0.05c
What's new:
-You can choose the item amount to set all items to now. (Under tools -> Item Box Tools)

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As a side note, I'm not sure what effect the "RNG" values for palicos has, but it appears to be determined based on the original account that the palico comes from since all of the values for my palicos are the same. It doesn't appear to have any effect on palico validation so you can just ignore it, copy it from an existing palico, or just edit an existing palico if you're really worried about it.

Those four values are the RNG values. They determine the distribtion of skills and moves a palico is supposed to get. I'm guessing @APM pointed the wrong address for the RNG values, because svanhaulen mistakenly stated that there are 16 passive skill slots for a palico. In fact, there are only 12 (bytes 0x48 to 0x53).

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those four values are the RNG values. They determine the distribtion of skills and moves a palico is supposed to get. I'm guessing @APM pointed the wrong address for the RNG values, because svanhaulen mistakenly stated that there are 16 passive skill slots for a palico. In fact, there are only 12 (bytes 0x48 to 0x53).
Woops. If that's the case I'll fix it tomorrow afternoon.

I was pretty confused why the math didn't add up. Anyways, should I change the Learned skill RNG and Learned Action/Sklls RNG to text boxes?

Last edited by APM,

AndrewMikol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woops, give me a few secs to fix that. I just noticed that there were 2 genders in the wiki

Edit: Done!
Note: It probably won't say you changed the gender till you load your file.

I actually need a little help because every time I import Combo Books and Pack Rat/Organization Guides, it won't work. Help plz?

DragLeben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dang, I spent like 6-7 hours last night testing Palico edits and confirming how everything works so I could write a guide in the morning and woke up to you already having done it lol. great work!

Anyway, info looks spot-on and matches up to what I found out ingame. One important note on Palico editing just because it's not explained in full in your post:

The hex values next to each combination of skills (000D, 010B, 020A, etc) are meant to be entered into the last 4 slots under the learned skills section. If the skill combination you put in for the palico does not match the hex value of the skill combination, then the game deems it invalid and unequips all palico actives/passives on quest entry. The format for learned skill section is basically:

The first several are the skill values for your palico passive skills (in order from top to bottom)
0 (this marks the end of your palico skill list)
77 (empty skill slot)
77 (repeats for each slot left until the last 4)

Thus, for example, let's say the skill setup I want for my palico is 2/2/2/1/1 for active skills, and 3/2/1/1/1 for passive skills. The hex values for that are 020A for the active setup, and 0508 for the passive setup. Thus, the last 4 slots for my palico should be:

in that order (0A = 10)

As long as the last 4 slot values match the skill setup for your active/passives, the game will consider your palico legit and you won't have any issues with skills.

Thanks for this! This has been really helpful!

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Combinations show up as "???" along with their success rates. The Pack Rat Guide won't add boxes either
Yeah the Pack Rat Guide is set by flags when you buy the pack rat guide, so that wouldn't do anything.

For the combo books I think that's the same deal as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!