• Views 1,293,069
  • Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

WaitWhatBro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a Collection of the Item Lists by ID's, All of them are listed in the format APM stated in the OP post.
Hello guys, I'm newbie here. Just bought MHG yesterday. I heard that Powersaves wouldn't work on MHG and found this topic. If I want to use the save editor without hacking my 3DS, will it be possible? Or I have to hack it to export the save file from SD Cards?
It is possible, I have a 11.0.0.33 Version of a N3DS, used the OoTHax(Powersave), Installed JK's Save Manager and got everything working.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if these are any use for you, @APM , but here's a pair of somewhat complete lists of Palico Supports and Skills matched to their IDs I put together from analysing the Palicos in my collection in your program.
Thanks for the list. I'll add them to the OP for now. Once I get a complete list, I'll replace the editor's ID things with the list

Last edited by APM,

nhhai123

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a Collection of the Item Lists by ID's, All of them are listed in the format APM stated in the OP post.

It is possible, I have a 11.0.0.33 Version of a N3DS, used the OoTHax(Powersave), Installed JK's Save Manager and got everything working.
Is there a guide post for how to use ur method? Sorry asking too much, but I know nothing :<.

Last edited by nhhai123,

GhostOfOblivion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been trying to do the OoT entry point on 10.2 and when I click on the save I keep getting An error occurred, and says Please save your data in any software currently in use. and then restart system. Cannot figure out whats going wrong

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been trying to do the OoT entry point on 10.2 and when I click on the save I keep getting An error occurred, and says Please save your data in any software currently in use. and then restart system. Cannot figure out whats going wrong
Make sure you're using the right oothax save. It's different for all versions

Oh another note does anyone know what item 1556 - 1658 do? They're the [monster name] + items

Trygle12

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Ahhh so the 11.0.0.33U New3DS can run Homebrew off of OOThax?

That's great news as I've been meaning to find a way to port over my save from my Modded Japanese 3DS over to my US N3DS.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I dont see any lists/links there...
Here's an item list of 1387 items if anyone wants
http://pastebin.com/zR9thSkj
thats nice and all, but I'm assuming that was for MHX. there appear to be dummy items and '[monster name] ???' items. I'll see what they do in-game, but I'm not expecting too much.

@APM Would it be too much trouble to add a function (possibly under tools) to export the item boxes as an item list?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but I dont see any lists/links there...
thats nice and all, but I'm assuming that was for MHX. there appear to be dummy items and '[monster name] ???' items. I'll see what they do in-game, but I'm not expecting too much.

@APM Would it be too much trouble to add a function (possibly under tools) to export the item boxes as an item list?
Yeah sure, I'll do that today. I wasn't sure what the monster ???? did so I just left it in there. Not sure if it's useable in game.

Here's the list without the monster ???? puu.sh/q3NN4/94a7266c48.txt (1283 items or something like that)

Last edited by APM,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah sure, I'll do that today. I wasn't sure what the monster ???? did so I just left it in there. Not sure if it's useable in game.

Here's the list without the monster ???? puu.sh/q3NN4/94a7266c48.txt
well, I'll test them now. the main issue I was having was that on import, there were more items than box slots. With the export boxes as item list, I can import the first 1400 item IDs, discard and useless/account/supply items in-game, then proceed into the rest, combining all results as slightly more efficient list and making a "tons of items in box 1-14" option possible without much waste.

Also: I have confirmed the 'glitch' from MH4U where putting two instances of an item in the pouch (one with a 0 qty and the second non- zero) for infinite-use items does not work in MHGen. It'll let you sell/store an infinite number of the respective items before a quest, but as soon as you go on a quest any 0 qty entries are removed completely from the pouch, rendering the 'bug' innert.

Jujiro15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I seem to get the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
I did exported my extdata from my game tho.

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I'll test them now. the main issue I was having was that on import, there were more items than box slots. With the export boxes as item list, I can import the first 1400 item IDs, discard and useless/account/supply items in-game, then proceed into the rest, combining all results as slightly more efficient list and making a "tons of items in box 1-14" option possible without much waste.

Also: I have confirmed the 'glitch' from MH4U where putting two instances of an item in the pouch (one with a 0 qty and the second non- zero) for infinite-use items does not work in MHGen. It'll let you sell/store an infinite number of the respective items before a quest, but as soon as you go on a quest any 0 qty entries are removed completely from the pouch, rendering the 'bug' innert.
Ah I see what you're doing. Give me a few mins to make the exporter then.

Hi! I seem to get the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
I did exported my extdata from my game tho.
PM me your save file.

Last edited by APM,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see what you're doing. Give me a few mins to make the exporter then.
Seeing as this isn't like MH4U as far as crafting (you unlock armor/weapon recipes as you complete qeusts), we'll need an end-game save to test the ??? items. Furthermore, there may be hidden recipes intended to be unlocked by future DLC quests, so until we can get a DLC quest editor like your MH4U one 9plus extensive research into the format for unlocking such recipes - assuming its possible in the first place), it might not be possibel to say for sure whether the ??? items will have a potential use or not

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small update: v0.04c

What's new:
You can now export your item box as an item list

Oh and my profile is now set to not private

Jujiro15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, i'll just post it here then lol I can't seem to give you a PM since my account is just new(which is why I can't PM you at the moment)

Attachments

• system.rar
    13.7 KB · Views: 202

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright got it

Ah It's because for w/e reason you made your first character on slot 2 lol. Give me a few mins and I'll fix it

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small update: v0.04d

What's new:
-Fixed a loading issue when people have no save on slot 1, but had saves on other 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?