Anyway to avoid a ban yet

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by aofelix, Aug 16, 2018.

1. aofelix
    OP

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    Hey, interested in the SX Pro.

TBH I only want it to play single player games I already have bought on other platforms. Is this possible yet without get banned?

I'm happy to buy my Smash Bros/Tennis etc. for online player or is there still no way to dodge the ban hammer?

2. ReezyF

ReezyF Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    United States
    I have used SXOS since day one. I accidentally updated a game in custom firmware once first day, but after that I never went online with SX and i still haven't been banned. I've used my SXOS almost everyday since and just went online in OFW yesterday with no issue. A lot of people will on here will tell you its unavoidable (or lie and say they never went online but got banned anyways), but if you stay away from NSPs and dont use online features on SXOS you should be fine.

SirBeethoven likes this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I think for the most part you should just accept that you can't go online without that risk. even one slip up...and banned. it might be better to simply not care. it's too much of a headache otherwise.

Ericthegreat likes this.
  4. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    I believe not until Atmosphere is officially released. I think they have a way to block "creport" which stands for crash report, so crashes aren't logged and sent to Nintendo.

SirBeethoven likes this.
  5. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    To dodge the ban hammer hmmm simple
    Dont fck with it,
    or buy another switch.

6. aofelix
    OP

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    what're nsps?

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Ericthegreat and BL4Z3D247 like this.
  8. d4nk42o_

d4nk42o_ Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2017
    United States
    Installable game titles, updates & dlc.

9. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    I think you DONT have it figured out
    You'll be banned too

10. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    "Make Your Device Look like it was Never Hacked

To do this you need a copy of your Switch's flash memory that hasn't been tampered with.

When you want hack your Switch have your clean unhacked backup in handy, hack, go offline, then after your done in hacked mode you restore the clean backup you made before doing any hacks. You have to do this every time if want a hacked console and online access. It is considered a very tedious and an annoying type of hack to do.

In the future there will be a method called Emunand that will make Number 2 process easier.
    But it's not available now and we don't know when it will be." citing uncle @Draxzelex

i have do it 2 times and i am not baneed even using XCI with not Cert.

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Actually, that came courtesy of SG854, not me but thanks for the namedrop ;)

aerios169 likes this.
  12. mbze430

mbze430 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2018
    United States
    I have updated all my games pirated and owned, but never played any of the pirated ones online. Haven't been banned. I play the legit ones I own online even with SXOS loaded.

13. igoticecream

igoticecream Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2018
    Spain
    My recomendation is to wait for emunand. Having patience is rewarding

14. mickthestud

mickthestud GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2007
    Not entirely true you will get banned eventually guaranteed

15. ReezyF

ReezyF Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    United States
    We're operating with the same information, nor did i say i had anything figured out. Let me know when they ban me though. ;)

16. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Don't use NSP at ALL.

17. astspikeyxx

astspikeyxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I was under the impression my switch had never been online since installing SX OS - it was breifly connected to my router to test 1.5 FTP, but I firewalls it from the net in router. Somehow, however, even after deleting WiFi settings, the damn thing has dialed home. I've had two emails from Nintendo newsletter, presumably because minty has detected is played xci files for xenoblade and arms. I don't know how the hell it happened, but there you go. I would imagine I am probably online banned

18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    maybe try a proxy to block those connections?

19. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    To create a Nintendo Account you need an e-mail address; this doesn't mean Nintendo knows you hacked your Switch: Nintendo knows when your Switch is online and can ban your Switch even without an Account on it

20. MisterMue

MisterMue Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2013
    Germany

i have sx pro, i use it for my own backups and they run online without issue. (until now) i tested my mario kart and rayman with it.