Hacking AnyTitle Deleter / Channel File Manager Error

gscout6160

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all -

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I've looked and looked, and I've only found similar questions, but not the answer.

I changed my 3.5K Wii to 3.2U using AnyRegionChanger 1.1bMod5, and can no longer access the Mii Channel (obviously).

I've attempted several methods suggested on this site, but without success.

Mii Channel Updater wouldn't work, nor would simply re-installing the Mii Channel using Wad Manager.

I've read the posts about deleting the duplicate Korean Channels using Channel File Manager/AnyTitle Deleter (I've tried several versions), but I keep running into the same couple of errors.

Initially, I got this error:

[+] Initializing Filesystem driver... OK!
[+] Wiping off fingerprints...
- Deleting ticket file /ticket/00000001/00000000.tik...
Ticket delete failed (No ticket?) -106
- Deleting title file /title/00000001/00000000... OK!

Checking system region...

Pulling Sysmenu TMD...
Pulling Sysmenu Ticket...Error! ES_Identify (ret = -1017)
Error! ES_OpenContent (ret = -1017)
Region detection failure! 0
Conf region: 1

I was able to fix the above error with cIOS_FIX (Trucha Bug Restorer didn't fix it, nor did Dop-IOS).

However, on the next page, I cannot get past this error:

Error! Can't get count of titles! (ret = -1)

Does anyone know how to remedy this?

I have cIOS38rev3 installed as IOS249; I also have Hermes 222/223 installed.

Every homebrew application I've tried runs more or less perfectly, except ATD.

I've tried ATD, ATDmod, ATDdb, and Channel File Manager. Each of them gives me the same error.

If no one knows how to fix this, could someone tell me if formatting my Wii's system memory will leave the US Mii Channel intact, but delete the Korean one, now that the Wii thinks it's from the US?

I'd rather not have to format if I can avoid it, as I foolishly forgot to back up about 40 miis that the wife created before I used AnyRegionChanger.

However, if formatting will fix the channel, I suppose I could change the region back to 3.3k, back up the Miis to the Wiimotes, and then change back again to 3.2u.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing that you are not actually using cIOS 249 to run that program. try to view the channel list in USB loader GX. i used ATD as a blueprint when i did that part of the loader. so it is using the same functions. if you are able to see all your channels is GX, then i would suggest you add the line of code to load your cIOS at the beginning of ATD.

EDIT>>>>
here is a version i made that reloads IOS 249 while trying to fix a bricked wii. http://www.mediafire.com/?m0thzq5yjmm

you will need to use a GC controller with this version, wiimote wont work here.

gscout6160

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
im guessing that you are not actually using cIOS 249 to run that program. try to view the channel list in USB loader GX. i used ATD as a blueprint when i did that part of the loader. so it is using the same functions. if you are able to see all your channels is GX, then i would suggest you add the line of code to load your cIOS at the beginning of ATD.

EDIT>>>>
here is a version i made that reloads IOS 249 while trying to fix a bricked wii. http://www.mediafire.com/?m0thzq5yjmm

you will need to use a GC controller with this version, wiimote wont work here.

It says I'm using IOS249 (Channel File Manager says "Custom IOS detected! Loading the Custom IOS 249... OK!"

AnyTitleDeleter also lets me select IOS249 upon first launching the program.

Thank you for the link, though. I can give it a try this weekend (after I pick up a GC controller).

gscout6160

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:

I still haven't figured out why I'm getting the error in AnyTitleDeleter (I've yet to get a GC controller to attempt the above-recommended fix), but I did use Starfall to make the Mii Channel region-free.

So, it's still in Korean, but I can access it, and all the Miis are there.

I'm going to back them up to the Wiimotes, but now I'm wondering, is there any benefit to formatting my system memory now?

I realize I'll have to re-install all my channels/Miis/save data, but after the format, will it simply have the US Mii/Photo Channels?

Or will it revert back to the "this channel can't be used" message (due to the Korean Channels still being present), prompting the need to install Starfall again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show