Hacking Anyregionchanger and 4.2E

karl10247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i stupidly updated to 4.2E on a hacked wiikey 1.

I want to use anyregionchanger to fully change my wii region to 4.2U (all my games are NTSC) including the wii shop channel. Is this possible and is it safe?

Btw my current wii shop channel is asking me to update when i click on it, ergo i dont think thats up to 4.2 firmware (like hell im gonna let it update... i've learned)

can anyone help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?
wink2.gif
gbasp.gif

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyregion changer is a bit oldschool esp... for 4.0+
you should be using
the obvious guides available ..or firware updater 4.2, or dopios v9 etc

btw if all your games are dvd/backup NTSC they wont work on 4.2 if your wii is UK system

i used the firmware updater 4.2 which updated my shop to v17 not v18 which is region specific i believe...read around on the guides

karl10247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah all my games are backup NTSC, im using gecko or gamma right now to play them but its a drag.

so you say firmware updater 4.2 can change my region? are there any tutorials or owt for me to follow.....?

karl10247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think im going to need some more information before i attempt this....

can anyone else help with a tutorial etc?

thanks in advance

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i changed my region on 4.1, so you should be ok, but look for a guide, and if you don't see any, don't do it!
unless you have bootmii as boot2, then try it out
smile.gif

karl10247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right i attempted to use the safe udater to change the region, it gives me:

ok to continue (A or B)
region detected as PAL, is this correct (A yes B no)

When i hit B to change the region to US it comes up with something like

Operation aborted, too dangerous to proceed

What gives?

karl10247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is it safe to downgrade? i thought it wasnt when your on 4.2

besides isnt that just increasing the work to be done?
do you know if anyregionchanger is safe on 4.2 cos i might just give that a blast if it is

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
joshuatm said:
i changed my region on 4.1, so you should be ok, but look for a guide, and if you don't see any, don't do it!
unless you have bootmii as boot2, then try it out
smile.gif

can i ask what did u change please in anyregion changer. i want to move from 4.1E to 4.1U like u did. will i need to reinstall preloader once ive changed the region?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ARC will remove Preloader aswell as any other update method as it installs a new system menu
you will brick normally partial but at times fully with an out of region system menu your sysconf and setting.txt files will also need altering for a complete region change.
The latest update to the shop will also break shop region changing.
I wouldn't mess with region changing without bootmii or on 4.2 epecially now after all the bricked region changed Korean Wiis.

If i were to do it i would first downgrade----region change---------update

Theres plenty of hacks and apps to get round region issues to not bother

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
ARC will remove Preloader aswell as any other update method as it installs a new system menu
you will brick normally partial but at times fully with an out of region system menu your sysconf and setting.txt files will also need altering for a complete region change.
The latest update to the shop will also break shop region changing.
I wouldn't mess with region changing without bootmii or on 4.2 epecially now after all the bricked region changed Korean Wiis.

If i were to do it i would first downgrade----region change---------update

Theres plenty of hacks and apps to get round region issues to not bother

thank you, makes sense. im gona stay on PAL and use region hacks like you say. cheers

karl10247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right i've been reading your answers and downgraded my wii to 4.1 (thats half the battle won)

So is it straight forward to use ARC now to change my region to US? I essentially just want the shop channel in US but i dont mind changing the whole console if its easier.

Now im back on 4.1 i can at least use my US backups again thank god!

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For shure you will get problems if you wanna upgrade in the future. just use Priiloader and region free hack on 4.1. its much safer than messing with such old apps.

karl10247

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Success! I figured it out and im sorted now

For those who are unfamiliar and are stuck on 4.2 just follow the "modify" part in xzxeros softmodding guide then do the "downgrade" bit to get to 4.1

Following that i used anyregionchanger to change my shop channel to US extremely easily (its self explanatory if you just run ARC)

Just one point to note... after id changed my shop channel i got an error using the US shop, something like error 20958 or something. To get around this i reverted back to my PAL shop channel region, went into the shop and deleted my account (start shopping->settings->remove account) then changed my shop region back to US and it now works like a charm.

Thanks to those who've helped
yaynds.gif

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
glad you did it! it should have been as simply as going from 4.2 to 4.1 (there are guides for this) and then from 4.1 to 4.0 of another region (there are guides for this).
then, when you are the region you want, just use the nintendo update to get to 4.2 and clean out your wii, and then it takes like 5 minutes to get it hacked nicely
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday