Hacking Anyone willing to let me use their NNID to download a dsiware hax title?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I managed to brick an N3DS that I was doing a DSiWare downgrade on ;_; (accidentally used Eur 9.2 files). You can have the NNID if you want to try calling up Nintendo to get it moved over. It has $9 on the eShop and Link's Awakening as well as Fieldrunners. Send me a message if you'd like to try, and I'll give you the details.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to brick an N3DS that I was doing a DSiWare downgrade on ;_; (accidentally used Eur 9.2 files). You can have the NNID if you want to try calling up Nintendo to get it moved over. It has $9 on the eShop and Link's Awakening as well as Fieldrunners. Send me a message if you'd like to try, and I'll give you the details.
NNIDs are region locked, unless the system is a US system with a US NNID.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is the NNID you had on your system for a US system?
Yes. That's why I bricked it - did it too fast and used Eur files (done it so many times, forgot to double check everything that would be different...)
Edit: I'm also surprised that SysDowngrader doesn't check this. I wonder what it's doing when it "Verifies" each file?

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. That's why I bricked it - did it too fast and used Eur files (done it so many times, forgot to double check everything that would be different...)
Edit: I'm also surprised that SysDowngrader doesn't check this. I wonder what it's doing when it "Verifies" each file?

It verifies that the file was not corrupted by hashing it and checking that against the known good hash.

sysDowngrader actually just added region checking, sorry for your loss. :(

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It verifies that the file was not corrupted by hashing it and checking that against the known good hash.

sysDowngrader actually just added region checking, sorry for your loss. :(
Thanks :-) it's no problem, my first brick after dozens and dozens of consoles. Shows you should never get complacent no matter how much experience you have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.