Anyone using a 16GB MicroSDHC with Cyclo?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by CoconutCake, Dec 22, 2008.

1. CoconutCake
    OP

CoconutCake GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2008
    United States
    Has anyone been using a 16GB MicroSDHC with a Cyclo yet?

What brand/class did you buy, and how well does it work? Do you get lag or freezing issues?

Sandisk seems to be the only brand I can find, and I don't know what class it is. But 16GB seems amazing, especially of you want to combine games and media together on one big card.

But maybe a Transcend 8GB MicroSDHC is enough. I heard the 8GB Transcends are very good and at Newegg they're really cheap too.

2. JabbaFlap

JabbaFlap Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    Deep Space
    I've been using a 16GB Sandisk class4 micro-sdhc (made in Taiwan) ok now for a few weeks on CycloDS 1.51 FW.
    Made a lot of directories on it and put my games in, converted my old DS-X saves.
    Also just got my EZ 3-in-1 slot2 card and can now play GBA titles 100% ok (old Castlevania's)

The amount of storage is pretty insane, have 40 games on it only using 3GB (!)
    Have had no problems so far [​IMG]

3. CoconutCake
    OP

CoconutCake GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2008
    United States
    Good to hear it works well. Yeah it's a lot of storage. I guess it holds more games than I would ever really want. Maybe I'll get an 8GB instead when I finally buy a new flash cart.

4. CJL18

CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2007
    United States

newegg has 8gig kingston ones for 18bucks shipped!

5. JabbaFlap

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    Deep Space
    hey its XMas spoil yourself with the 16GB, you could like put a 1000 GBA ROMs on it ;-P
    That EZ 3-in-1 slot2 card is the bizz, just been playing CV Aria of Sorrow again and it works perfectly and my GBA save goes in the directory on the micro-sdhc card woo! Man this CycloDS cart + EZ 3-in-1 blows away my old DS-X [​IMG]

6. Pedobear

Pedobear Banned

Banned
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    If your looking for cards, stick for 4 or 6, and I'd say use 8 tops, unless you plan to use your DS for media or reading a lot of stuff (like comics)

7. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    Isn't there still the limit of 128 or 256 files in a directory? So eventually we might have to categorize games on MicroSDHCs?

8. JabbaFlap

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2007
    United States
    Deep Space
    I think there's ~ 128 file limit in directories inc root. I categorise by company like GBA, Konami, Sega etc

9. haringtonl

haringtonl GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2008
    United States
    Yea, I think 8 gb is enough, unless you are adding your whole music library, or some movies.

10. Meatbrain

Meatbrain Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Tucson, Arizona
    I have about 10 gb of music in total. Unless you do, I would recommend just an 8gb.

11. Isaiah

Isaiah The Conductor

Aug 24, 2008
    Brisbane
    no i am using a 4GB Class4 Japan SD