Hacking Homebrew Anyone use sysclk for online gaming?

bbert

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I know its safe to use sysclk without getting banned on my cfw sysnand atmosphere switch.
but I only used sysclk on my offline games like breath of the wild.
but how about online games like Tetris99, mariokart, MonsterHunterRise or even Youtube.
can I still use sysclk to overclock or underclock those games even I'm playing them online without getting banned?

Reactions: BrandonSWITCH

Typhoon1944

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Plenty of people use CFW and go online, as long as you aren't doing anything ban worthy you're safe. CFW doesn't cause bans on it's own
I'm new to Switch and CFW. I don't really play online games but before I took the plunge and bought my series 1 Switch I had heard that running CFW and even just logging into a Nintendo account would be an automatic ban. I was told that I should set up EmuNAND on my SD card so that I can go back to stock if I wanted to purchase anything through the store which I did, but I was also told that I couldn't even play purchased games if CFW was enabled. Can someone explain what specific behaviour would cause Nintendo to take offence and issue a ban? For example would just linking a Nintendo account be enough? Going online and using something to give an advantage over other players? Linking an account and playing a game that was downloaded through a store other than the eShop?

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
You want to guarantee not getting banned?
Then don't use cfw in your sysnand, at all. Especially not while playing online.

You want to possibly, maybe, perhaps, risk it, on things other say are safe for them but no one knows for sure?
Or course you can.

EnigmaExodus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I suspect the million dollar question here is what exactly is sent to Nintendo in order to dectect CFW/hack usage to warrant a ban.

Been out of the scene for years but I remember a similar cat-and-mouse game happened with the 360 and Xbox Live and eventually someone figured out how to 'clean' the internal console data sent to Microsoft and that is how we got "stealth" servers for online play with modded consoles.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its safe to use sysclk without getting banned on my cfw sysnand atmosphere switch.
but I only used sysclk on my offline games like breath of the wild.
but how about online games like Tetris99, mariokart, MonsterHunterRise or even Youtube.
can I still use sysclk to overclock or underclock those games even I'm playing them online without getting banned?
This is probably a "depends on the game" thing, if an overclock gives you a significant advantage in a way that a game is able to detect you may get banned from playing online in that specific game.

CloudMcFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been using it for a year just to get better performance at Fortnite and Paladins, both are way more stable on their resolutions and FPS, Animal Crossing gets a better performance too. Going online with CFW is risky, there's no way to ensure you'll not get banned, but you can reduce the possibilities, use overlays and override apps/applet for homebrew launcher. Do NOT use any forwarder or any kind of piracy, installing NSP will result in a secure ban, and DO NOT cheat online. Also, if you're going online with CFW, go with eMMC, not emunand, using it or using both to connect online can increase ban risk since some internal info is different now.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm new to Switch and CFW. I don't really play online games but before I took the plunge and bought my series 1 Switch I had heard that running CFW and even just logging into a Nintendo account would be an automatic ban. I was told that I should set up EmuNAND on my SD card so that I can go back to stock if I wanted to purchase anything through the store which I did, but I was also told that I couldn't even play purchased games if CFW was enabled. Can someone explain what specific behaviour would cause Nintendo to take offence and issue a ban? For example would just linking a Nintendo account be enough? Going online and using something to give an advantage over other players? Linking an account and playing a game that was downloaded through a store other than the eShop?
The main rules for going online are:
* don't install any nsps/xcis, especially not homebrew nsps
* only use holding R while starting a game or the album to boot homebrew
* don't cheat or mod online, unless you know it's safe
* don't change your profile icon to a custom icon
* never mix emunand and sysnand for going online or do unnecessary nand restores on an online nand, it will cause log mismatches with nintendos servers, leading to bans
* don't delete your device logs unless you have a very very good reason to
* don't activate incognito on an online nand
* don't experiment with your device unique certificate in external tools
* never go online in backup games

If you keep these in mind it's mostly safe, im using cfw for multiple years now on two devices, still no bans, same for some friends of mine.

Reactions: dysphoria and bbert

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder for how much the ban paranoia will be, when at the end piracy would've been ever the thing that banned people.
uniformed people will be paranoid until the next gen nintendo consoles comes out and nintendo stops caring about the switch, just like the 3ds.

That said, relating to OP's question, I overclock every game to dev specs and play online. been 3yrs no bans, and sysclk is just one of many dirty things i do on sysnand while online,

dysphoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That said, relating to OP's question, I overclock every game to dev specs and play online. been 3yrs no bans, and sysclk is just one of many dirty things i do on sysnand while online,
The main rules for going online are:
* don't install any nsps/xcis, especially not homebrew nsps
* only use holding R while starting a game or the album to boot homebrew
* don't cheat or mod online, unless you know it's safe
* don't change your profile icon to a custom icon
* never mix emunand and sysnand for going online or do unnecessary nand restores on an online nand, it will cause log mismatches with nintendos servers, leading to bans
* don't delete your device logs unless you have a very very good reason to
* don't activate incognito on an online nand
* don't experiment with your device unique certificate in external tools
* never go online in backup games

If you keep these in mind it's mostly safe, im using cfw for multiple years now on two devices, still no bans, same for some friends of mine.

By the way, do you guys use some kind of protection to connect cfw sys online? Recently I risked to do it too, but rid out of 90DNS after it prevented me to connect to my WiFi (my sys is clean anyway).

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, do you guys use some kind of protection to connect cfw sys online? Recently I risked to do it too, but rid out of 90DNS after it prevented me to connect to my WiFi (my sys is clean anyway).
nope, I use incognito for my emunand, and nothing on my sysnand. I play legit games only in syscfw, use cheats in non pvp games, use mods, save editing, overclocking, havent installed any pirated games or homebrew nps on syscfw.

on a online nand, playing pirated games, installed homebrew nsps, and cheating in pvp games is what gets 99% of people banned.

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

SoggyWafflz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gonna go online with no sysmodules aside from sys-clk for scarlet/violet

I have an entirely separate switch for doing literally everything else, and I'll only change configs for sys-clk while under dns-mitm 90dns

If anything happens I'll update, but likely nothing will.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vanilla atmos simple update. Again its not safe.
Wrong
Vanilla atmos + simple update on sysnand I had 1 banned before. Was around 8-9.x hos versions or something like that. So with that said be very careful.
You messed up, Son!

I been going oline in a "Clean EmuNAND" daily using Atmosphere for years and no ban.. By clean I mean , NO PIRACY OR CHEATING NO THEMES NO NOTHING!

I paid for everything. Used 0 cheats. No bullshit, No ban. Seems Ninty DGAF if they aren't losing any money and hearing complaints from people who got smashed by a cheater.

Before you ask why.. I had Android on my SysNAND for a while. Because I can. EmuNAND for Atmosphere. I migrated that EmuNAND back to the SysNAND a couple weeks ago..
Post automatically merged:

No, it will flag you for a ban, since you need cfw to use it.
SciresM stated time and time again that this is not the case. I believe him over anyone else.

Reactions: Rahkeesh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==