Gaming Anyone use Sandboxie?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found this neat program, it's called Sandboxie. ( http://www.sandboxie.com/ )

Basically, what it does, or what I can get out of it's description is that it kind of freezes Windows, and you can use programs without them accessing your harddrive (unless given permission to). So you can download a virus, and run it, install it, whatever. Then you can close Sandboxie, and it's like nothing happened.

I haven't tried it yet. I've watched some videos, and it looks really cool.

(not mine)

Just sharing this with you guys, thought you might think it's helpful too.

OSpencerO

Trophies
From Nashville, Tennessee In Knoxville, Tennessee
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have used Sandboxie however I have used Avast 7 autosandbox & browser protection quite a bit more lately.
In my opinion they both work well, I think they are good for expert computer users & great novice computer users.
The only problems I've had is getting Sandboxie to play nice with some of my other programs mainly Avast before Avast offered sandboxing.

Spencer

:yayps3:

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used it to trade stuff between Steam accounts, and if I needed to temporarily install something adware filled. Haven't really been able to use it lately, since Windows 8 is unsupported.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen a few things escape the sandbox over the years and tend to opt for other methods (usually pressing yes, no or otherwise several times to various programs as they make changes) or using a VM but I do quite like it and is one of the nicer methods for trying to protect people beyond the token efforts of anti virus and without the hassle of some of the more in depth methods like whitelisting (although a properly set up browser is a must).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a