Anyone Still Messing With Netbooks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kouen Hasuki
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,881
  • Replies Replies 30
to TheRedfox,
How is the key board holding up on the little guy? I got tinker with one of those years back and the keys seemed a little weak. have you tried using a USB plug in sound card? they are cheap off of ebay. :)

The keyboard is suprisingly good for such a small device, much better than the most keyboards in cheap notebooks. And usb is broken lol, only 1 usb port works and i need to solder a device to it if i want to use it.
 
I've got a couple netbooks. The one I'm using the most is an EeePC 1000h running XBMCbuntu and is pretty much just a portable HTPC I take to work because I just didn't have the storage on my tablet to put the entire run of a few shows on at a time.

I could have just watched TV at work. I prefer to watch the entire 35 series run of the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross while I play Animal Crossing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PityOnU
To me at that point I would just whip out my iPhone since you wouldn't be able to do much more than you could on one of those at that point :P

I don't have much with phones.
Somehow touchscreens hate me.
I keep on pressing the wrong keys on them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PityOnU
Yes, seriously. Whatever happened to the "candybar" form factor?

Afaik the slider, swivel, clamshell and all other form factors got ditched.
People just want touchscreens and bigger phones ._.
Back in my day we had people that wanted smaller phones!


Sounds like you need phone training :P

No, just no.
I always leave it either in me car or at friends or somewhere between me rubbish.
Most likely leave it in me car.

I dun need a phone since I hardly use it.
On top of that, I have noone that texts me/calls me.
I'd rather spend that money from an expensive phone on car parts for that matter xd
 
Phones are like tablets, if all you want to do with a computer is to look at cat pics, watch cat vids and listen to music, then they work just fine. If you use a machine to actually do something or work on a pet project, then these devices for the most part are useless.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DinohScene

Site & Scene News