Hardware Anyone own the 3DS Zelda armor from PDP? Do you like it?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,127
  • Replies 17
D

Deleted User

OP
N7945.jpg

I bought one from Gamestop for 10 dollars after a coupon ( retail 15 ).
http://www.pdp.com/p-1029-3ds-zelda-armor.aspx

Does anyone own one of these, and do you like it?

I've said this a few times, but I don't get my 3DS till this Friday, but I want to know if I should return it and get something else (It was the last one in stock).

I got the green one, it looks pretty, I hope it looks decent on the black 3ds.

TCTerror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THe 3DS is already big enough in my pocket. I use that slim, white plastic bad the 3DS was delivered in, to prevent it from scratches on the outside, and screen protectors for the inside.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i have a case like that on my ds lite and it really does add more weight to the system, with the 3ds i am buying soon i will be only using screen protector and that is it, nintendo consoles are very reboust they don't really need that much protection.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine looks incredible on my 3DS. I snagged the last black one my GameStop had. Found it hidden in the used accessories section. XD

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made this video for the DS Debug thread, but it also shows the armor in the first few seconds.

[youtube]zykpSxPK6GY[/youtube]

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I own one and love it. It's the Green on the Black 3DS.
It doesn't add much of a bulk to it and fits just fine on the 3DS.

I posted pics in the OoT Thread that's floating around here but imma go find em and post em here...

SSPX0107.jpg

SSPX0108.jpg

SSPX0112.jpg

The downside is that it no longer fits in the cradle but that's not too big of an issue.

D

Deleted User

OP
Is it true that the added weight of the top screen prevents minor wobble?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is by far the best crystal armor for the 3DS. I have two other cheap crystal cases, and they aren't the best. One is so tight, the 3DS doesn't close properly, and there are horrible moisture spots that appear between the 3DS and the case no matter what you do. The second crystal case is fits much better, but has a gap between the case and the system, and dust/lint always gets trapped inside.

The Zelda crystal case is the only official crystal case, and it shows. It's hard to see in pics, but there's a soft rubber lining inside the case, that not only protects the 3DS, but allows for a nice fit. There is printed text/icons on the case, indicating the volume, power led lights, and even a 3DS logo/info on the back. The build quality is excellent, and simply the best available for this type of case. The only odd design is that the hinge on the case only allows the top screen to be opened to the "sweet spot" and not all the way open, but I would never use the system in that position anyways.

The only thing that could be a turn off, is whether you find the case aesthetically pleasing or not. This all boils down to opinion, and I really like the look of the green case on my black 3DS. The few people I've shown it to actually thought it was a limited edition, or custom system.

If you can't get past the Zelda theme, I would be on the lookout for a standard edition crystal case by PDP. I'd rather pay $14.99 for this kind of quality, than use the crappy clear cases I bought for cheap on Amazon any day.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the green one on my Black 3DS just like Nebz. These cases look like crap on the Aqua Blue 3DS, so i wouldn't recommend it if you have that color. Overall it's a great case.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The only problem with crystal case (armor), is that the thing that connect both parts of DS (top and bottom) is very thin, so is very easy that can be broken in few time.
With my DS Lite and a transparent crystal case, the thing was broken easily.

olleb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have the black armor on my black 3ds. my opinion is that the 3ds feels a lot more solid, ect it feels a lot more solid when you open the 3ds. and it looks a lot better on the black one than the blue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo