Anyone here in college?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by darkdenizen, Mar 29, 2011.

Mar 29, 2011

Anyone here in college? by darkdenizen at 1:02 AM (2,461 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. darkdenizen
    OP

Member darkdenizen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I'm at college and the internet I don't know how to connect to the internet from my 3DS. The security type here is WPA2-Enterprise and Encryption type is AES. I can scan for access networks but I can't connect to any of them. I connected my laptop by putting in my username and password that i use for my college, but i can't do that here. Is it even possible?

2. Melee54

Member Melee54 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This might not be the optimal solution, but it works for me -

Use your laptop/pc to connect. Log in and so-on. Then download a program called connectify (assuming you have a spare wireless usb/pci card) which will then broadcast your internet connection.

3. Relys

Member Relys Master of Computer Science

United States
    hummm I'm not sure. All our wifi is open here.

What Melee said would work though.

4. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    The 3ds can't show you a username and password prompt box, so until the browser is released you can't use it without doing what Melee54 said.

5. darkdenizen
    OP

United States
    Got it to work with connectify!!! Thanks!!
    EDIT: Is there a way to change the encryption at all? So I can play some regular DS games online?

6. Melee54

United States
    I've yet to set up wifi on my 3DS, but you'll probably have to set up a separate wifi thing on it for using WEP (old DS games) and WPA for 3DS games. Then just switch between depending on what you want to play. But on connectify, yes, you can change the security settings.

7. darkdenizen
    OP

United States
    Would you mind putting up a quick tutorial on how to change the security settings? Because I can't change how the school secures its wifi.

When it asks for what kind of hotspot mode I'm not able to select WEP or anything.

8. Melee54

United States
    Your school's internet will always be whatever they have it set to be. But in connectify, in either the Wi-Fi tab or the easy wizard thing, you can quick choose if you want it (connectify) to broadcast WEP or WPA. So even if your school is WPA2, once you're connected, Connectify can broadcast it in WEP.