Anyone hear program?

corbs132

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet, i was looking into ruby. my main two languages are gonna be ruby and python. c++ would probably be more useful, but it's not as fun.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sweet, i was looking into ruby. my main two languages are gonna be ruby and python. c++ would probably be more useful, but it's not as fun.

Ruby is a strange language, it originated in Japan, has great syntax and is extremely object oriented.

When I am done with ruby I will most likely look into python since people are always comparing the two.

I agree, C++ is just torture.

living-ghost

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am most familiar with C and Java.

The number of languages I have used just keeps growing. I have done some perl, python, php, tcl, vb and turing back in high school.

Shell scripts are fun too for the penguin in me bash mostly.

in an Artificial Intelligence course I am taking this semester I had the option of coding in java or c++.
I used C++ since it would give me a chance to learn the language.

All I have to say is one of my fellow students was right on the money when he said...

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot, C++ lets you reload and shoot again."

In conclusion...
Anyone got any feet they aren't using?

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Computer Science Major here
biggrin.gif

Java's the one
wink.gif
(no gui tho.. YET!!)

D

Deleted User

Anyone hear can spell?

Seems like people are proficient with the languages C, C++, 'n Java ... but needs a little improvement with the English language.
happy.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basic windows 32bit X86 ASM thanks to HLA along with rudimentary ARM7 and ARM9 ASM (my limit would be hacking a VFW font into a rom).

Courtesy of batchdpg I have also learnt autoit lately, I must say it acts as the perfect counterpart to ASM as it can call dlls and spit dos commands while being able to make a superb looking GUI.

I messed around with plain c a few months back but it is unlikely I could crank anything beyond a basic file manipulator program (hash making, simple compression...)

If I hit my head I could probably remember about 10 iterations of basic as well.

Does avisynth also count?

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I master Javascript and Ajax (well, not that Ajax is a language, but everyone is talking about it lately) and also I'm learning Ruby on Rails. I'm all into web developing and creation of communities, so if anyone ever has a good idea for a website, specially if it's community/web 2.0 based, just drop me a line.

corbs132

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone hear can spell?

Seems like people are proficient with the languages C, C++, 'n Java ... but needs a little improvement with the English language.Â
happy.gif
I believe you meant to say, "Can anyone here spell?"
Not hear, not anyone hear can, don't be a hypocrite.

I plan to double major in comp sci and it

edit: oh shit, just realized the typo in my thread. my bad. it was late at night.

D

Deleted User

Anyone hear can spell?

Seems like people are proficient with the languages C, C++, 'n Java ... but needs a little improvement with the English language. 
happy.gif

I believe you meant to say, "Can anyone here spell?"
Not hear, not anyone hear can, don't be a hypocrite.

I plan to double major in comp sci and it

edit: oh shit, just realized the typo in my thread. my bad. it was late at night.

Gee, you really stink at sarcasm don't you? Read the topic of this thread. "Anyone hear program?"

*edit* Man, I think I'm braindead too. I just understood what you meant by your edit. Never noticed you made this thread, and never knew what typo you were talking about.
tongue.gif

corbs132

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w00tage! just wrote another program! i'll post it if anyone wants it. it scans a website for directories to find files etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER