kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Short answer is unless you're South Asian (or South East Asian) and willing to work for a pittance, your chances of getting in are slim. I know some Bangladeshis that do grunt game programming in Tokyo and I understand they get paid like crap. Welcome to Thomas Friedman's flat world. If you actually like programming, your chances are much, much better at a Western developer.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumbass mod: It's called a fucking bump. It's what you do to a thread when you don't want to get a warning for making a new, identical thread.

Dumbass Japanese person: "Jap" is the second context is shorthand for Japanese and who is the bigot? You assume everybody who is racist is white?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Yeah. Short answer is unless you're South Asian (or South East Asian) and willing to work for a pittance, your chances of getting in are slim. I know some Bangladeshis that do grunt game programming in Tokyo and I understand they get paid like crap. Welcome to Thomas Friedman's flat world. If you actually like programming, your chances are much, much better at a Western developer.

But I dont like West/America.

So you are telling me to stop learning Japanese?

Sinkhead edit: Removed quoted trashed post

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Dumbass Japanese person: "Jap" is the second context is shorthand for Japanese and who is the bigot? You assume everybody who is racist is white?

Cute. I'm not Japanese. And saying Jap is ignorant. The correct shorthand for Japan is JPN or JP. No worries, I've notified a mod.

as for test84, if you're learning Japanese just to get into Japanese game development, you might want to find another reason to learn it. I personally don't know any non-Japanese, non-outsourced foreigners doing game programming in Japan. There maybe some (my best bet would be Capcom, as far as I understand [they had a relationship with my college in Osaka] their corporate culture is such that it might be slightly more legitimate there to hire non outsourced foreigners). It is really hard to break into any Japanese industry, other than something like English teaching, without level 1 or 2 JLPT or graduating from a Japanese college. It's even worse in tech industries because so many South and South east Asians study programming and are willing to work for a lot less.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
serious_sean said:
I'm in the USA game industry working on DS and Wii games. I'll answer any questions you might have. but, your posts got removed.

thnx,
My most important question at the moment is: How much difference having Masters in contrast of Bachelors will make? both in work space and between co-workers and in salary you make.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-