Anyone ever done a bonehead move like this?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Kadin, Dec 18, 2012.

Dec 18, 2012
  1. Kadin
    OP

Member Kadin Ain't no rest for the wicked...

United States
    So I went out and picked up a 3DS XL a couple weeks back as the Mario Kart 7 bundle was on sale at Frys for $179. I don't have any issues with my black 3DS but I've always thought about upgrading to the bigger and better model. After a couple weeks with it I decided it just wasn't worth the extra money so I returned it and got my money back.

My 3DS was sitting on my counter and went to go play it and fire up my DSTWO and play some of my games I haven't played in a while. But the DSTWO wasn't there so I looked in my desk drawer where I usually keep all my stuff. Nope, not there.

Fast forward an hour later after scouring the entire house and I come to realize I left it in the 3DS XL which was returned about 5 days ago. Well it was fun for the less than 2 weeks that I owned it... FML

fossda likes this.

2. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
  3. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    That's great. Not for you, but for our entertainment. Hope you can get a new one.

fossda likes this.
  4. Kadin
    OP

United States
    Yeah it's been a while since I've done something so stupid. The DSTWO was an early Christmas gift to myself since my AK2i has been having serious issues but at least I have that to go back to I guess. Unfortunately I lost all my saves... now who wants to send me a lump of coal? Tomorrow I'm going down to the mall to punch Santa and kick an elf.

5. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Left a $100 pair of Smith sunglasses on the Shinkansen once. I realized where they were just in time to watch the train disappearing from view. I haven't paid more than ten bucks for a pair of shades since.

Vinnymac likes this.
  6. Kadin
    OP

United States
    Ok yeah that sucks... I've lost so many pairs of Oakley sunglasses and my dumb ass continues to buy them. What can I say, I love the way the look and fit. ;)

I wonder what Nintendo will do with my DSTWO and the plethora of save files. I hope they give it to Reggie so he can really see how cool it is.

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Somebody here left a flash cart in the DSi that he sent back to Nintendo for repairs.

Vulpes Abnocto likes this.
  8. Sop

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    I remember that thread.

9. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    8BitWalugi.

I was going to mention that if nobody else had.

10. OrGoN3

Member OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Did you go to Fry's and ask for the cart back?

11. driverdis

Member driverdis I am Justice

United States
    they most likely put it back on shelf and someone pocketed the DSTWO, but I am not sure what would happen if he did that as the DSTWO and roms on the SD card are not 100% legal to own for us U.S. People.
    that would be like telling them you left a "Backup Movie" in the DVD drive of a laptop you returned etc, etc....

12. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Thread link please

13. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Why would you pay more than 10 bucks forr a pair of sunglasses in the first place?? Such a waste of money.

14. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States

15. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    OH yeah didnt they like threaten to smash it? lol

16. Dark

Member Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  17. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Accidentally threw away my iPhone 4. (Before all of you iDiots make a comment about Apple products being trash.) I actually enjoyed that phone.. I could have gotten $250 for it even though it had a cracked screen. ;A; Now I have a Samsung Epic 4G and loving it.

iPhone was deactivated. Put it in a box, thought box was full of trash. That day was trash day.

18. Kadin
    OP

United States
    Ouch! I actually loved my iPhone but I love my SGS2 even more. Shit like that sucks... no two ways about it.

19. OrGoN3

Member OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There is never any harm in asking. The one he had can be tracked by the serial number and it can easily be found. It may have been re-sold, but at least you checked. Perhaps someone noticed it and took it out. Who knows. The point is, it's worth checking. I highly doubt there will be any sort of law enforcement agents awaiting your return. That's just getting silly now.

plasma dragon007 likes this.
  20. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    I'd return to the shop and ask. I doubt they'd say anything about the illegal roms, but for them to have looked at the card and seen your illegal roms could be considered an invasion of privacy, you should remind them of that.

I lost a pair of Oakly Square Wire at Leeds festival a few years ago. I replaced them with the Half Wire, and then left them in a shop whilst trying on shoes this summer. I was lucky, though. I backtracked through all the shops I'd been in and one of the clerks had picked them up.

Comfort, proper UV filtering, polarisation, build quality and less dorky looking. ~£10 are not great for those 3½ hour drives when the sun is really bright.