I'm screwed...

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by 8BitWalugi, Jun 28, 2011.

Jun 28, 2011

I'm screwed... by 8BitWalugi at 6:42 AM (6,514 Views / 0 Likes) 81 replies

1. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    So my DSi was screwing up, so I asked my dad to give it in to Nintendo.

They so kindly took out the SD card, sure. But did they take out the Goddamn game card!?!?? FUCK NO.

So I'm screwed. They claim they're going to destroy the cart. There go all my goddamn saves. Fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!'

2. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    damn
    are they going to fix the dsi at least?

3. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    How the hell did they miss the Game card?

@DeathKing No. Will companies fix a rooted android? Would Apple touch a jailbroken device? No, they'll claim it was the "illegal" bit that broke it and send it on its way, whether or not that was truly the problem.

4. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    So you left your flashcart within your DSi when you sent it into Nintendo? And they took it saying they'll destroy it? I don't think they would give it back to you regardless... But that still sucks, nonetheless.

EDIT: Either I'm misreading or it's something along the lines of you left a gamecard in your DSi and Nintendo said they're going to destroy it, presumably a flashcart?

5. lordrand11

Member lordrand11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You could always tell them that if they destroy your flashcard you would sue them because of the fact that you own every last game that's copied onto that flashcard.

6. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    Well here is how they'd get around that. DSi's have a "protection mechanism" specifically to prevent use of these devices. U.S. law clearly states you CAN have back ups, but circumventing any copy protection mechanism IS illegal, rendering all DSi-compatible flashcards and the Action Replay DSi's illegal without a doubt.

P.S.: In the U.K. all flashcards are illegal period. Even ones like iPlayer.

7. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    maybe you should of checked you dsi before you sent it in... or back up you saves or maybe both...

8. Sheimi

Member Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Japan
    Oh man, that sucks big time. I wonder if you will get your Dsi back

9. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    I should've. And they're destroying the DS2, not the DSi. They're still repairing it thankfully.

I'm lucky they're not pressing charges. Or so I hope. But I don't care. I'm done with piracy.

I left a mark on my DSi though to make sure they don't replace it. I may lose my DS2, but I'm not giving up Sudokuhax that easily.

10. deathking

Member deathking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you cant let a stupid decision make you stop using flash carts
    and it could be worse they could of kept the dsi or broke your dsi
    so all your out is the save games and the supercard - 40 bucks

11. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    They're destroying the cart? do they have the right to do this? It's not something they own.... [​IMG]

12. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    It doesn't matter, it's a device used to bypass piracy measures for their own devices and use it in a way that is not intended. Therefore they have every right to destroy it. Sucks to be out 40 bucks plus the amount the MSD was :\

13. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    No, quitting Nintendo piracy is something I need to do. It's getting out of hand.

The PSP on the other hand is just asking to be hacked. And even then...

14. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    My view? You're either all-in or you're not. It's hypocritical to say "well, I am pirating X media to an obscene amount, so I am gonna stop and pirate Y media instead."

I used to be a BIG TIME pc leach, downloading whatever I could get my hands on from a warez forum I used to frequent. I had pirated well over 10 grand of software and video games, movies, and music within a year. I recognized how bad I was getting with it and just stopped. Didn't pirate for a few months. And I grew out of it. I was pirating anything that sounded neat. Now I only do if I really want it or actually need but cant afford it. I downloaded tons of Wii, GC, NDS, and other roms within the past year.

Karma, dude. All that pirating? The hard drive shit out on me one day. Had all my pictures with my friends and everything on it, too. Pictures, saves of my programming classes from highschool, my music, some not-so-important documents, and all my games and other warez. Gone. Your SCDSTWO is the same thing, my friend. I won't say stop because its a bad habit thats hard to break, but go and get a new one and hell, just relax on it a bit. I honestly don't even know the last thing I pirated, it's been a WHILE. Probably Pokemon White.

Anyway, good luck whatever you decide to do. IMO, the DS is too weak of a system without a flashcart, not nearly enough to do. Get a new one and just get back on track with it. The DSTWO isn't an arm and a leg expensive at least.

15. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Karma? It's your own fault for not having proper backups like any sane person. Hard drives should always be assumed prone to failure.

16. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    Look guys, stop arguing. I've decided to stop my pirating. I'm gonna finish one last game (Inazuma 3 - Spark) and that's it.

I might pick it back up one last time for The Ogre, but until then, anyone got an Inazuma 3 Spark save before the America match or beginning of Ch.7?

17. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    So wait, where did Nintendo say they're destroying it?

18. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    Probably in their repair area. They're returning my DSi, not the SC.

19. qweasd123

Member qweasd123 GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    I thought that saves are on microsd.

20. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Good choice. I quit for the most part about a year ago, though I still self-pirate and import-pirate, those are things I have no qualms about (well, that's not so true for import pirating, I just don't have the money). Also, in rare cases I pirate if I know I'm going to buy it, but it's hard when retail stores don't sell the games anymore.