Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
qweasd123 said:
QUOTE said:
They claim they're going to destroy the cart. There go all my goddamn saves. Fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!'
I thought that saves are on microsd.

They're destroying that too.
ohnoes.png

machomuu said:
QUOTE(8BitWalugi @ Jun 28 2011, 06:13 AM)
Look guys, stop arguing. I've decided to stop my pirating. I'm gonna finish one last game (Inazuma 3 - Spark) and that's it.

I might pick it back up one last time for The Ogre, but until then, anyone got an Inazuma 3 Spark save before the America match or beginning of Ch.7?
Good choice. I quit for the most part about a year ago, though I still self-pirate and import-pirate, those are things I have no qualms about (well, that's not so true for import pirating, I just don't have the money). Also, in rare cases I pirate if I know I'm going to buy it, but it's hard when retail stores don't sell the games anymore.
Yeah. It's kinda hard when no one sells Inazuma Eleven. :/

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
qweasd123 said:
QUOTE said:
They claim they're going to destroy the cart. There go all my goddamn saves. Fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!'

ohnoes.png

machomuu said:
Look guys, stop arguing. I've decided to stop my pirating. I'm gonna finish one last game (Inazuma 3 - Spark) and that's it.

I might pick it back up one last time for The Ogre, but until then, anyone got an Inazuma 3 Spark save before the America match or beginning of Ch.7?
Good choice. I quit for the most part about a year ago, though I still self-pirate and import-pirate, those are things I have no qualms about (well, that's not so true for import pirating, I just don't have the money). Also, in rare cases I pirate if I know I'm going to buy it, but it's hard when retail stores don't sell the games anymore.
You think that's bad, I've been trying to find Ace Attorney in stores for years now.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tux' said:
boudincaca said:
They're destroying the cart? do they have the right to do this? It's not something they own....
unsure.gif

It doesn't matter, it's a device used to bypass piracy measures for their own devices and use it in a way that is not intended. Therefore they have every right to destroy it. Sucks to be out 40 bucks plus the amount the MSD was :\
Theoraticly, they can... BUT, and a very very big but, they aren't allowed to destroy the ds2.. They don't own it, and it's 8bit's very own possesion. However, due to breaking some terms here and there, you might want to look out.
Although they can't sue you, as they have no rights to do so, they smashed your property, so you can make a retaliating attack. Hmm

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
8BitWalugi said:
So my DSi was screwing up, so I asked my dad to give it in to Nintendo.

They so kindly took out the SD card, sure. But did they take out the Goddamn game card!?!?? FUCK NO.

So I'm screwed. They claim they're going to destroy the cart. There go all my goddamn saves. Fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!'
I picture in my head angry Reggie smashing your flashcart with a huge hammer.

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:

You know, you could use a flashcart or PSP CFW without pirating. It's incredibly easy to dump your own DS games and even easier to dump PSP games. I love being able to carry around my whole collection without having to lug around a bunch of small ds carts or UMDs.

D

Deleted User

boktor666 said:
Tux' said:
boudincaca said:
They're destroying the cart? do they have the right to do this? It's not something they own....
unsure.gif

It doesn't matter, it's a device used to bypass piracy measures for their own devices and use it in a way that is not intended. Therefore they have every right to destroy it. Sucks to be out 40 bucks plus the amount the MSD was :\
Theoraticly, they can... BUT, and a very very big but, they aren't allowed to destroy the ds2.. They don't own it, and it's 8bit's very own possesion. However, due to breaking some terms here and there, you might want to look out.
Although they can't sue you, as they have no rights to do so, they smashed your property, so you can make a retaliating attack. Hmm
While they may not be allowed to destroy the DS2, they could very well sue him for violation of the DMCA. Now you tell me what's worse. In my opinion, destroying the DS2 is the easy way out for both of them.

@Rockym That's still considered illegal according to the DMCA (as pointed out earlier).

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
AlanJohn said:
8BitWalugi said:
So my DSi was screwing up, so I asked my dad to give it in to Nintendo.

They so kindly took out the SD card, sure. But did they take out the Goddamn game card!?!?? FUCK NO.

So I'm screwed. They claim they're going to destroy the cart. There go all my goddamn saves. Fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!'
I picture in my head angry Reggie smashing your flashcart with a huge hammer.

Rockym said:

You know, you could use a flashcart or PSP CFW without pirating. It's incredibly easy to dump your own DS games and even easier to dump PSP games. I love being able to carry around my whole collection without having to lug around a bunch of small ds carts or UMDs.
True, but I'm not gonna buy all these games.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
Tux' said:
boudincaca said:
unsure.gif

they can destroy it, this isnt the first time they had flashcarts destroyed
http://www.zdnet.com.au/customs-seizes-gam...s-339301694.htm

morcar

Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
Thats why when mine breaks i dont send it to Nintendo or any other place to get it fixed as i do the job myself. I got other DS's here that i used for spare parts or i buy the part i need. Screw Nintendo on fixing your console they are as bad as M$ too on waiting times.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think nintendo can legally destroy ur cart. the only thing they can really do is send the unit back to u unfixed.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
8BitWalugi said:
qweasd123 said:
QUOTE said:

ohnoes.png

machomuu said:

You think that's bad, I've been trying to find Ace Attorney in stores for years now.
i know this i derailing but i can find all the AA games locally for around 20 each so if you need help wit ur AA collection just hit me up kay.

anyway i guess its a good thing ur quitting i wanna quit but i aint got the will power if that happened to me that would be the will power i need

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
godreborn said:
I don't think nintendo can legally destroy ur cart. the only thing they can really do is send the unit back to u unfixed.

i don't think he can legally own a flash kit that contains part of a pirated rom image in the boot loader. pretty sure nintendo can do whatever they want with it because he can't legally ask for it back and admitting he shipped it with the dsi is just ignorant.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc