Homebrew Anyone else feeling kinda weird?

slvrdrgn123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay, with a flashcart you can steal $40,000 dollars worth of games!
bow.gif

That is a lot of money for mostly crappy games.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
If you get the feeling that you're not enjoying your games, commit yourself to only play those you think you will like and don't leave them until you've completed them, even if it's FF3 and the game sucked from day 1.

I don't want to commit, this is fun, not a job. But I guess, that is my problem, I did commit, that is why I get bored of most games so fast. (Even the really really good ones like MGS, Mario and Halo).
huh.gif

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
For some reason, whenever I play roms off of my flashcart, I get this weird feeling. However, when I play the real cartrdige of the game I have on my flashcart, I don't get that feeling at all. Could it possibly be the fact that I'm realizing I'm only playing the game as an artificial copy instead of the real thing? I mean, I know roms came from real cartridges and all but I'm beginning to think that even if I play it on an actual DS, it still kinda feels like the same as emulating it on a PC (Except it runs better and you have pretty much full features of it). Anyone else get this feeling or am I the only one?

Perhaps the feeling your describing is Guilt, derived from your pirating of games, but you just don't want to admit it to yourself
rolleyes.gif

Honestly, I nearly laughed out loud when I read that, pirates feeling guilt, you've got to be kidding me
laugh.gif

SPiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to get a similar feeling while playing my xbox. I think having access to to any game you could ever possibly want for a system can be a little over whelming at times. I'd sit there staring at a list over 150 games and not want to play ANY of them. It's fucked up but it will pass.
nyanya.gif

Wuschmaster

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel the same way.
When I play a game from a flash cart, it's not quarter as fun as if I play an original. I don't know why. So, I still buy all the games I'm excited about.

nileyg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mmmm... I don't feel the same as you.
What I do feel is this feeling that I have some much to play that I'm no truly enjoying this game as much as I would like, mostly because I'm still thinking in aaaaaalll of those other games I have for this console.
I get that feeling sometimes...
...but my main problem is being on GBAtemp too much, and not really even playing that many games
dry.gif
unsure.gif

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do not feel bad a all, I would pirate less if europe wouldn't be treated as a god damn 3rd world country when it comes to games
mad.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a weird feeling going into a store and even considering actually purchasing a game anymore when, with a couple clicks of the mouse, I can have it for free without ever getting off my ass or spending my hard-earned money.

I still feel like a fool for having waited as long as I did before getting into flashcarts. My DS gets used more now than ever before.

I feel guilty screwing over a friend or hurting someone's feelings, but I DO NOT feel the slightest bit of guilt sticking it to the money-grubbing corporations when they won't let you return a game if you don't like it, or a piece of software won't run on your PC but you can't do anything about it bedsides spend MORE money to upgrade because there is no refunds on software. They don't feel the slightest bit of guilt about screwing you that way, so why should I care if they lose money because I downloaded the stuff for free?

I can be greedy too and feel absolutely NO guilt about being that way. They don't.

I just wish I could download money and gasoline, then my life would be perfect.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't really feel guilty from screwing over a company out of a few games which prob. cost them $10 to make. I already buy enough Nintendo stuff and the games i play on my card are ones that i wouldn't bother buying...the price of games is ridiculous these days.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't feel bad about being a pirate because us Europeans get a raw deal. We get a limited selection of the hardware and games available.... MONTHS after everywhere else AND for higher prices. For a DS game in England, the RRP is usually $60 USD (£30 GBP).

Boemina

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I do not feel bad a all, I would pirate less if europe wouldn't be treated as a god damn 3rd world country when it comes to games
mad.gif

People in 3rd world countries like games too. And here, everything is even more expensive. DS + R4 = US$ 370 and original cartridge US$ 75 (ebay-like site). And we don't even have an official Nintendo representation (at least in Brazil).
cry.gif

noamkot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
mad.gif

People in 3rd world countries like games too. And here, everything is even more expensive. DS + R4 = US$ 370 and original cartridge US$ 75 (ebay-like site). And we don't even have an official Nintendo representation (at least in Brazil).
cry.gif

Same thing in Israel, Nintendo doesn't sell its product in Israel and stores that stock it have to import it from resellers elsewhere which means double taxes, double shipping and triple price for consumers.
I'd be happy to buy their games if they sold it officially for an honest price, like they do in Asia and the US.
But as long as they don't seem to want my money, I'm not going to give it to them.

Boemina

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
mad.gif

cry.gif

Same thing in Israel, Nintendo doesn't sell its product in Israel and stores that stock it have to import it from resellers elsewhere which means double taxes, double shipping and triple price for consumers.
I'd be happy to buy their games if they sold it officially for an honest price, like they do in Asia and the US.
But as long as they don't seem to want my money, I'm not going to give it to them.

My thoughts exactly.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia gets the games at the crappiest price. Metroid prime Hunters is 70$AUD at EB and a secondhand one is 60$AUD. What the hell

P

pasc

Somehow it really is strange... before I started to buy my first DS Flashcard I enjoyed all games I played pretty much. Now, as I have full game access I always change out my games pretty often.

=> I always play the newest games. With my Gba Flashcard it was different, I could concentrate on one game, but on the DS I can't just concentrate on one game, for example yesterday I played FFIX: Revenant Wings (which rocks) but today I'm going to play Spiderman 3.

The only good thing about this is that I play older games from time to time aswell, e.g. Splinter Cell and MP:H

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.