Anyone else feeling kinda weird?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ChaosBoi, Apr 22, 2007.

1. ChaosBoi
    OP

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    For some reason, whenever I play roms off of my flashcart, I get this weird feeling. However, when I play the real cartrdige of the game I have on my flashcart, I don't get that feeling at all. Could it possibly be the fact that I'm realizing I'm only playing the game as an artificial copy instead of the real thing? I mean, I know roms came from real cartridges and all but I'm beginning to think that even if I play it on an actual DS, it still kinda feels like the same as emulating it on a PC (Except it runs better and you have pretty much full features of it). Anyone else get this feeling or am I the only one?

2. VVoltz

VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Nov 6, 2002
    USA
    Mmmm... I don't feel the same as you.
    What I do feel is this feeling that I have some much to play that I'm no truly enjoying this game as much as I would like, mostly because I'm still thinking in aaaaaalll of those other games I have for this console.

3. Takrin

Takrin GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2006
    United States
    hmm dont feel a thing, most likely because i think of it as more then a emulation. for me emulation is something mimicing something else which it isnt, but ds is just playing backups so basicly its just a copy of a cd instead of a rom emulated

to me its kinda like applying no cd patch to a game, damn annoying searching for disk 1 when you have a pile of games laying all around, why i loved steam, dont have to worry about the cd once its installed but internet needing to be active could be a problem for others.

*Edit*
    oh btw back when i was younger and couldnt afford softwares, cracked software drove me crazy, i refused to use it, for unknown reasons. now i just buy them so i dont get that weird feeling of me grabbing myself by the neck yelling, "Uninstall!!! Reformat!!!" over and over

4. mzzmuaa

mzzmuaa Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2007
    United States
    I also have the exact same feeling. This feeling has caused me to finish neither FFX nor FFXII, in addition to a host of other games.
    It's like some bastard child of purchase justification reflex, buyer's remorse and cognitive dissonance, minus a few aspects.

5. Chiisuchianu

Chiisuchianu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2006
    United States
    i also get the feeling VVoltz described. its not a good feeling at all, its almost sickening... if only i had a good job so i can buy these things myself

6. skullstatue

skullstatue Banned

Banned
    Dec 3, 2006
    United States
    I get this feeling too, I have never passed a single game on my DS. They are in our brains.

7. Foie

Foie That one guy

Jun 15, 2006
    United States
    Clackamas, Oregon
    I get the same feeling sometimes. I try to remedy it by playing 1 game at a time, maybe 2.

But it's the price to pay for piracy I guess. When I think about it, I kind of enjoyed my DS more when I wasn't using flashcarts. There is a lot more satisfaction in games...

8. beautifulbeast

beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

Mar 10, 2007
    Madrid
    All cartridges are good is for polluting the planet, and in a very near future we'll all be playing downloaded games for several reasons: It's more profitable for developers/distribuitors (not so for sellers, but anyway), having all games stored in your hard-drive/flashcart is so convenient, etc...

If you get the feeling that you're not enjoying your games, commit yourself to only play those you think you will like and don't leave them until you've completed them, even if it's FF3 and the game sucked from day 1.

9. Alastair

Alastair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 19, 2006
    Exactly my advice. Although it does get difficult when you're playing extremely long games (50+ hours...)

10. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    is this thread a joke?

if you feel 'guilty' so BUY a couple games, or show some self control and commit to only 1-2 games on your flashcard

luckily i feel fine just playing what i what, when i want.
    and yes i still do buy DS.Wii games just not everyone i want

11. aj421

aj421 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2006
    I think these are the symptoms of Scurvy. The cure is not to pirate any games or software at all.

12. Smack

Smack GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2006
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    [​IMG] Possibly keep some limes handy and suck on those so you don't start losing your teeth.

There was a very similar thread started in the Wii Hacking forum talking about having all these Wii games and not wanting to play any of them.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48358

Like some have already mentioned just load a few games at a time and stick to them. You may get more enjoyment out of your flashcart this way.

13. fischju_original

fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    The feeling goes away eventually

14. cheesyPOOF5

cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2006
    United States
    QFT...although I felt REALLY weird today when my friends little brother asked me "how did you get pokemon before it came out?" and I told him, "well...I din't really buy it..."

15. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    I don't have a weird feeling when playing games off my R4, as I use it for backup purposes. All the games I play I own the original. Its easier using the R4 than carting 20 games around.

16. aj421

aj421 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2006
    Its funny how you don't feel weird when you are listening to thousands of pirated tracks of music or watching pirated Films, or even watching pirated pr0n. I wonder how come people only feel this way when they pirate games. I must start a scientific study.

17. bobrules

bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 20, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto
    First off, Why is this in the emulation section. Anyways yeah I do get that feeling sometimes, but not with pokemon, since I decided to beat the whole game because it's so good.

18. ChaosBoi
    OP

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    ^ It's in the emulation forums because it's rom-related, which is kinda like emulation except it's on the actual system. Well, I reserved myself a copy of Pokemon Diamond so hopefully it makes me feel a bit better. Maybe I should buy some games from time to time instead of downloading them all the time or something and see if it cures this guilt feeling. And btw, no it's not a joke topic.

19. Regiiko

Regiiko GBAtemp Fan

Apr 19, 2007
    Örebro
    I have the greatest feeling.

Cause I've got the ROMs instead of all 1000+ games.

10 games at $40 USD each is like $400 USD!

And I don't have that kind of cash. [​IMG]

20. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    I like it because I don't waste money on games that I think will be good and end up sucking

for games that end up being fantastic, I'll go out and buy the original cart to support the production of future good games by that company