OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Its going to be $150, for casual gamers, and requires a brightly lit room space of 4 meters.
There go my dreams of integrating Natal into Windows 7.

Anyone going to get one?

Personally when I think of Natal, I think of Wiimote 2.0. -shudders-

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
and be able to paint like this?

PyW74.jpg

fuck yes!

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Two factors that will cause me to buy or not buy:

Price: FAIL! 150 for a peripheral? Fuck no!
Software: IDK. Gotta wait till E3 to see if any good games are on the horizon for it.

I know I'm not shelling $150 for a "controller" with no games. It was bad enough paying $10 for wiispeak.

dudenator

King of the Carts
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dinofan01 said:
Two factors that will cause me to buy or not buy:

Price: FAIL! 150 for a peripheral? Fuck no!
Software: IDK. Gotta wait till E3 to see if any good games are on the horizon for it.

I know I'm not shelling $150 for a "controller" with no games. It was bad enough paying $10 for wiispeak.

$10 for a Wii Speak!? I payed 30 for that piece of shit. Oh well. But Yeah I think I am going to buy Natal. It looks pretty Kool (aid).

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My room is incredibly small - I don't think have enough room for it, even if my bed was withdrawn. There's no way in hell it'd be able to capture my entire body, so more likely than not - no. I am interested in it's hands off navigation, but I won't be shelling out $150 dollars so that I can navigate through my NXE menu's with my hand, and NOT be able to play full body games. Oh well.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Njrg said:
Omg you people actually bought Wiispeak? >_>
Why not? To me, WiiSpeak is WAY more useful than a controller you can wave around with.
Really?
I barely use the mic on my DS. What would I do with a mic that sat on my TV and not on my head?

The WiiSpeak just kinda blows because it lacks any real purpose. Not a whole lot of games use it. I bought it for The Conduit but the overall quality was shit. They should've just made a headset like the Xbox.

But as for Natal, I don't see the point. I say this over and over again, but the Wii is a great system to go alongside a PS3 or 360. I buy a 360 or PS3 not thinking "HEY I WANT MOTION CONTROLS". I buy it because I want like standard controller games.

So no, I won't buy Natal, as a 360 owner. And I really don't see it having much purpose either outside of the more "casual" games that I could just play on my Wii.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
The Wii's casual market has slowed down though. I'm sure most of the game companies realized that casual gamers only need to buy one game every other year unlike other's needs to buy one every 2 weeks.

My parents bought a Wii for themselves because they enjoyed one in a mall, turns out Wii Sports is the only game he ever needs and I think he's only played that but a few times. And I can imagine the same thing on Xbox with Natal. Same goes for PS Move if they decide to go casual with that.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let me know when it has 10 games made specifically to use it that are worth even playing.

150 bucks is the same as buying a new Nintendo DS Lite. Damn near the price of a DSi XL.

But at least those items have worth.

Natal will be like buying an expensive add on for your computer to run programs you don't have.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The way purchases work in my house is I wait and see how many decent games are available for a new product. Once I hit about half a dozen games I simply cannot live without, I mention to my somewhat dense old man that these might be games my little brother would enjoy. You see, he hates me. Spends most of his life trying to think up new ways to irritate me until I leave home. One of the ways he plans to achieve this is by never buying anything I like, but spoiling my little brother rotten, even though technically said little brother is not actually my little brother, he has no relation to either of us by blood. It's a long story. Little does the old man realise that I guide every purchase he makes in my favour. Does he seriously think that Final Fantasy 13 was bought for anyone but me? He's such a dumbass.

The TLDR version would be 'wait and see how it goes'.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
depends, if i have the money and there's a rpg out there.

i can use that as an excuse, look ma, i am exercising by swinging my arms like a nut case and doing all these running and jumping motions
smile.gif

But still, my house is pretty small, i probably wont have any space to do any complex motions.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Njrg said:
Omg you people actually bought Wiispeak? >_>
Why not? To me, WiiSpeak is WAY more useful than a controller you can wave around with.

Wii Speak is a huge waste of money to talk to maybe less than 100 people who actually bought it.
As for me, I'm getting Natal depending on the games. I can't wait, I skipped out on WiiMotion+ because so far I've only seen 1 or 2 games worth getting it for.

So I'll wait and see with Natal, I plan on getting it though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Some sort of download management app