Homebrew Anyone bricked with arm9loaderhax?

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright... @Games&Stuff @MattKimura ... no brick :D I confirmed the test binary from here works. Since I have a Gateway that I use primarily, how should I go about setting this up? I guess BootCTR->Gateway?

Gateway don't work with it. Neither does BootCTR. (BootCTR9 will load arm9loaderhax files or programs built specifically for arm9loaderhax like decyrpt9)

Best solution is to install gateway CIA and hold L during boot. We need an arm9loaderhax from gateway or a way to boot aureinand using FIRM9.0 not FIRM10.4. I'm N3DS theres a chance updated sysnand don't use FIRM10.4 on an O3DS. Either way you need to run the exploit after boot right now...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-hb-launcher-mod-cia-for-gateway.416449/page-2#post-6121172

Hopefully gateway can update their stuff sooner rather than later.

Last edited by TreyTrent,

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BootCTR9 works though! What is your setup?

bootCRT9 won't run anything that isn't arm9loaderhax enabled. for me anyway. this is most 3dsx files and the gateway launcher.dat file.

Edit - well, it will run it according to the log file. The 3DS just don't do anything about it, like boot the gateway emuNAND or load up the CTRbootmanager or HBloader app or anything not a arm9loaderhax CFW. Decrypt9 boots fine, but you can't dump your Health&Safety app or anything as it booted without any NAND loaded it seems.

Last edited by TreyTrent,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. MUCH faster boot time (10 seconds as compared to about 25)
  2. Foolproof brick protection
  3. Ability to run a sysNAND that can be updated to the newest firmware (which is also completely future-proof)
  4. Ability to exit in and out of System Settings without worrying about which NAND you're going to be in
  5. Ability to easily run GBA, DSi, and reboot-necessary games

You forgot the ability to load up 9.0 firmware if you have a 9.0 emunand on there.

Reactions: endoverend

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't your 3ds kinnda bricked in the first place without the sd card with the a9lh files?
Depends on how you view it. A brick to me is a system that can't do anything and needs a hardmod to fix. A brick to you sounds like a system that can't run on it's own without an external source to work in conjunction with it.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
kindda noob about this but according to this tread https://gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/

Conceptually, the BootRom does the following:
  1. Load FIRM0 firmware from NAND (firmware partition) into memory
  2. Check the cryptographic signature of the loaded FIRM0 in memory
  3. If the cryptographic signature is verified, jump to FIRM0's entrypoint
  4. Else....
  5. Load FIRM1 firmware from NAND into memory
  6. Check the cryptographic signature of the loaded FIRM1 in memory
  7. If the cryptographic signature is verified, jump to FIRM1's entrypoint
  8. Else... PANIC (no towel)
so both firmware 0 and 1 of the boot rom will have to fail to load so it could boot a9lh, so it looks kindda brick or semi brick to me
unless some kind of bootmii similar to the wii is made

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kindda noob about this but according to this tread https://gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/

so both firmware 0 and 1 of the boot rom will have to fail to load so it could boot a9lh, so it looks kindda brick or semi brick to me
unless some kind of bootmii similar to the wii is made
Like I said, it all depends on your beliefs. I think if it runs, it's not a brick. That's all there is to it. You don't have to believe the same thing as me and I respect that. If someone smarter than me comes by and confirms what it is then that's great, but it's not very important and I doubt many people are thinking about it.

Reactions: Supster131

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, it all depends on your beliefs. I think if it runs, it's not a brick. That's all there is to it. You don't have to believe the same thing as me and I respect that. If someone smarter than me comes by and confirms what it is then that's great, but it's not very important and I doubt many people are thinking about it.
I'm with you on this one. It's only a brick if it doesn't work. If it at least runs, then it's not a brick.

Think about it more as corruption. FIRM0 is corrupted to be able to load A9LH. (It's also a great way so friends and family don't touch your stuff! Remove that SD card and tell them it's broken.)

Reactions: Just Passing By

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I got a blue screen brick. Not really sure what went wrong. I suspect it may be the nand restore (from ~/nand.bin) that neither the installer nor the guide mentioned. I won't really know until I get my 3DS back from being hard modded.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I've also downgraded from 9.2 to 4.x, restored the 9.2 sysnand, dumped the OTP, installed a9lh, swapped my emunand and sysnand, then updated it because it was on 10.5.

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The funny thing is that I skipped most of backups in the process, and after compiling A9LH with the otp, I even deleted the otp file LOL

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
The funny thing is that I skipped most of backups in the process, and after compiling A9LH with the otp, I even deleted the otp file LOL
On accident or on purpose? xD?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's only 512 bytes so you could just upload it to Dropbox or something
256*

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On accident or on purpose? xD?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

256*
I deleted the otp accidentally as it was overwritten with the one from the first user that asked me compiling it, anyway I only have the. 3dsx.
I skipped the steps on purpose, as I don't think you need them all

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I deleted the otp accidentally as it was overwritten with the one from the first user that asked me compiling it, anyway I only have the. 3dsx.
I skipped the steps on purpose, as I don't think you need them all
I'm nervous so I spent 3 hours backing shit up xD
Sucks about the OTP. Do you think you can extract it from the .3dsx somehow?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1