Hacking Anyone anxiously awaiting homebrew for the 3DS?

Are you anxiously awaiting Homebrew for the 3DS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Offtopic : Why always this ends in the old "OMG pirazy is baaad, its kills the handhelz/consoles"

Ontopic: I really don´t care the hombrew or launch ROM backups, all i want is about get ridding the stupid region lock and the posibility of increasing the clock speed.

Reactions: joejoejoey

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people consider emulators and roms not pirating, not even slightly? It's pirating as far as the law is concerned. Is it because it's a socially acceptable and distinguishable thing?

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to a full-speed snes emulator, custom saves, cheat codes, and virtual boy emulators. Haven't been able to play my virtual boy games in a long time and I'm looking forward to possibly playing it again.

I'm also looking forward to when Nintendo adds that 3DS and Wii U interaction we've all heard about. That'll be a fun time for modding.

Because at this point nobody cares about technology laws, it's about the developers, which are not going to be affected in the slightest of course.

I can't wait for unscaled CPS2/3, Neo Geo, and SNES emulation. 3rd Strike fuck yeah.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm also looking forward to when Nintendo adds that 3DS and Wii U interaction we've all heard about. That'll be a fun time for modding.

This may also open up new vulnerabilities, in order to execute code and hack the Wii U. Or vice-versa. Who knows. :)

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two things I look forward to the most. The first is the potential for a region free feature, and the second is emulation. I would also like it if someone made a program that lets you dump your own copy of a 3DS game onto your card and has some sort of validity check before allowing you to load it (to prevent, or at least reduce, piracy while allowing users to load their games off an SD card). Of course, if someone did allow any sort of loading on 3DS games, it would be taken advantage of sooner or later.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
i for one cant wait for 3ds homebrew, cant wait to start 3ds homebrew.
as for piracy i, i dont get why homebrew talk always has to come to piracy talk, i dont want piracy only homebrew.
the ds lead to it, but on the dsi it was hacked with sudokuhax, that allowed to play homebrew but no retail games.
when the 3ds is finally hacked they should make it that way so it can only run homebrew.

mrreow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly want homebrew to circumvent region lock - region locking is a stupid practice and its infuriating that Nintendo is still holding onto it in 2013. Especially given how many great games will likely get stuck in Japan, or see 1-2 year localization cycles. Will I ever get to play something like Bravely Default without homebrew? I'd rather not leave it up to the 2 year localization waiting game, and just buy the JP version and play it next week.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly want homebrew to circumvent region lock - region locking is a stupid practice and its infuriating that Nintendo is still holding onto it in 2013. Especially given how many great games will likely get stuck in Japan, or see 1-2 year localization cycles. Will I ever get to play something like Bravely Default without homebrew? I'd rather not leave it up to the 2 year localization waiting game, and just buy the JP version and play it next week.
That's not a homebrew issue, it's a CFW issue.

RedBaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the selection of 3DS games makes it hard for people to be really excited about it being hacked. The system is in its initial phase so Im optimistic. Im more excited about games being hacked and improved than actual homebrews and the reason for that is simple, its much easier to improve and make a great game than make one from scratch.That being said, if a hack and a lot more rpg games come out by the time pokemon x and y are out i will be very excited. If not, i hope i will still occasionally play games by the time its done.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unofficial emulation is the same as piracy we all know the 3DS will eventually recieve the ability to download unofficial copies of 3DS games it just makes it more fun for me but I still want to see Homebrew on the 3DS.

LTK

Trophies
XP
Country
I felt compelled to copy this statement I just made from the main 3ds forum....

Once the 3DS gets homebrew, I'm only looking forward for NEW and improved emulators using the 3DS processor, the supercard dstwo is only capable of so much. However I HATE the fact that there are people already claiming all they want to do is fucking pirate 3d games. This is not cool. It also gives hombrew just a bad image overall. But the reality is homebrew can do so much for legit uses. Let's say you own a bunch of 3d games, ds, snes, gba or more games. With homebrew it could be possible to just place all those games on the 3ds's sd card! (64gigsdch?) Emulators would work really great. Plus other programs can be developed for it. The potential homebrew brings is great but if people are blatantly saying they want to steal right in our faces, that might piss of some devs and might complicate matters. My philosophy and THE ONLY reason you should ever download any retail copies (if this becomes possible) is to TRY the game temporarily, check it out and see if you like it. If you do, BUY and support the devs! If not delete the game and be glad you didn't waste your money. I think it's all a matter of maturity, morality and financial status that are the main issues when it comes to this. Maybe my suggestion might be too much for some too.

How naive can you be? People will pirate no matter what. This attitude on here of "omg i just wanna play homebrew lols" is fine, but the majority of people just want to pirate retail games. Getting angry because people are being honest about just wanting to pirate is ridiculous quite frankly. People can and will do what they want with their systems.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with maturity. Actually I find pirating a game before "buying it to support the devs" is immature, since you're essentially wasting money whilst still breaking the law. (you didn't own the game when you downloaded it) but out of some warped sense of loyalty to a faceless corporation you go shell out the £30 for a game you already have? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Deleted User

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
A quarter of the ram is used on multitasking,if hacks can disable it on some games,graphics can be much better than it already is.Or it may be used for emulation to make it run faster.Can't wait.

Whether you like it or not,it will be pirated if it's hacked.I'm going to pirate it also for alot of games,cuz I got no job.But of course I'll buy some retail game just for the collection.

Chaoskiller218

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont want it because if we hack 3ds mode and then we will be able to pirate games,which people will,and then the 3ds will lose a developer support

Reactions: jowan

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
unofficial emulation is the same as piracy (...)
...how? If I have a copy of a given game, I'm entitled to do whatever the heck I want with it - I can play it on its original system, I can crack it open and attempt to eat it, I can make Christmas decorations out of it or I can play it on a different system entirely and it shouldn't be anyone's business because I own it.

EDIT: On-topic though, sure, I'm excited for homebrew on the 3DS - I'm excited for homebrew on any device. The 3DS does have the benefit of the 3D screen and even though it's not as beefy as the PSVita, there are some interesting things you could do with it.

Reactions: 2ndApex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...